My Custom Helmet - Now Complete (Pics)

ShocKWavE

Well-Known Hunter
Well I finished! woot. Here is a picture before the finishing work...

shock01.jpg

...and now the finished helmet...

shock_helmet01.jpg

shock_helmet02.jpg

shock_helmet03.jpg

shock_helmet04.jpg

shock_helmet05.jpg

shock_helmet06.jpg

shock_helmet07.jpg

shock_helmet08.jpg

shock_helmet09.jpg

shock_helmet10.jpg

shock_helmet11.jpg

Thanks again for the support.
peace.gif

Thank you. I used Dull Aluminum w/ Rub n Buff for the metal areas, Dark Hunter for the cheeks and ear areas, and a non Krylon Moss Green for the other areas. I can't remember off the top of my mind who makes the moss green, but it is a unique shade that has a very natural yet pale feel to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lookin good man. And you were complainin about the R&B. Looks like it turned out great.

:) Thanks. TK, the RnB was HORRIBLE! I was seriously pretty sure that I was going to have to start over again. Luckily that wasn't the case.

looks great man... can't wait to see how the whole costume turns out :)

Thanks a lot! Oh yeah, I just weathered it up last night and striped it. It looks awesome now! The weathering really brought it to life. It hakes the metal look very convincing. I brought it to work to show a few people and they were surprised that it was light because they thought that is was all metal. I think I want to finish the rangefinder assembly first and then I will post the completed pictures.

Nice lookin' helmet you got there.:cheers
From the pics you posted before of what this will look like, this is going to be one awesome looking custom!
Can't wait to see the rest.:)

Dude that is one Awesome Helmet!! :eek:
may we ask you what you used for the weathering?
Thanks and great job again, looking forward to seeing the rest of the costume. :) (y)

Thank you very much. I used Black "Delta Ceramcoat" Acrylic Paint that I got at Michaels for the weathering. I applied it with a synthetic (nylon) sponge, unthinned. I just kept reblotting it very thin and reapplying as necessary. I used an angled sponge and a fine brush to get in corner areas.

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back