Final version for Jango Vest!

Thundercat337

New Hunter
So here is the final version of the Jango Vest for Postmortem!
dsc095891.jpg

dsc095881.jpg

dsc095871.jpg

dsc095841.jpg

The armor is Cruzer's and so is the helmet! I'll try to get some pics up of it on a person soon! I ended up with a some vinyl left over maybe enough to for about 3 more. I was wondering if there would be any interest in this vest. I could do a bigger run if the interest is pretty high, would just have to order more vinyl. As for price....I'll post that tomorrow, its late and just wanted to get the picture up! I have to sit down and figure how much time and materials went into it! Any question let me know! Thanks!

Is the vinyl the correct color? It looks grey in the first shot but then looks black in the later shots. If it's the grey I'm definitely down for a vest.

The reason for using vinyl vs. leather was at my request. The vinyl is a high quality upholstery vinyl. It is black with a grey tinge to it. It has a really good "used" look to it. That's why I chose this. Being actual leather was not as big of a concern. Top notch job on this vest! I'm very please with it....just havent' had time to work on it.

Just a little constructive analysis. It appears the your shoulder flaps are a bit short on the sides. This is one mistake I see a lot of people do. If you look at from a straight side view, you could see that the flaps are pretty wide. The piping looks like it’s almost parallel to the chest and back. But then again, it’s just me.

Postmortem01 – Yes I read that before that you wanted the vinyl fabric, but he was talking about producing more for others. Vinyl just won’t do for the anal Jangos. :D

here are some pics to compare.

flaps.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I addressed with Cruzer the other day. Here's the conclusion we reached. The armor is made to a certain size, that won't change. Peoples' bodies are different shapes and sizes. My shoulder bells fit the shoulder flaps, but I'm a lot taller and bigger than the real Jango, so my arm hole in the vest is going to be bigger in diameter. Thus the shoulder flap / vest juction is going to be different. Say for instance, Jango's arm hole (vest) is 12" diameter. Say mine is 15". All shoulder armor and flaps being the same, the shoulder flaps wont be able to cover as much distance because the hole itself is bigger, giving the appearance the shoulder flaps were too small. I had mine bumped a little forward to give the correct appearance, at leats from the front.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back