WIP: Darth Maul Bust

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
Just got started on painting up a Darth Maul bust for Mirax. This will be pretty much the first thing I have ever painted. Being severely color blind, I am a bit worried about getting some of the details right (supposing I even have the skill to do the painting). So far, it is looks good thanks to a very good base.

Maul_Initial_01.jpg

It's the one that Cyberman did, isn't it? :love

You're doing a great work on it, I think the colours look spot on. IMHO the best one ever painted is the Gino's one. I say that because you should look at his pics for better reference.

Well done Art, can't wait to see it finished, Mirax willbe really happy with it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is and yes, Gino did an amazing job on his for sure. I doubt I can match it as this is my first time painting pretty much anything, but we will see how it goes. Here is a slight update.

Maul_Initial_02.jpg

I can't wait to see more, well done Art! (y) Just a Q, does it come "skin colored" or you have applied a skin color before the black and red paint?

:cheers

Another project to add to my "to do" list! The skin texture looks amazing on that bust, and your paint is coming along wonderfully!!

I can't wait to see more, well done Art! (y) Just a Q, does it come "skin colored" or you have applied a skin color before the black and red paint?

:cheers

It comes slightly off-white. I did paint it a fleshtone before painting on the tattooing.

It is really amazing what ppl are doing. :D Very good job. I would love to do a bust myself, but I guess my parents would not like to have it in their house haha.

It's my job :D

Art, are you going to add the piercing on the ear, as the actor had? :confused I think that it gives to the bust a nice touch, also to the character (y)

You gotta add the stud! That is what makes this bust even more awesome than it already is!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back