Best Navy Recruiting Poster Ever!!!!

Jodo Kast 3

Well-Known Hunter
`Nuff said!!!!!!

Navy_Seals_Poster.jpg

I was wondering about this the other day. Those huge ships move up and down like 5 to 6 feet waves. How in the world did they got those shots? Are the snipers set up on an area that's stabalized?

That's why is so hard to land those F-14's on those ships.

just wondering.
:D

Plus, they were towing the boat and it wasn't that far behind them. That keeps the platform a little more stable. And, as Lassiter said, pure skill and training. I'm certain these snipers were on a boat somewhere doing target practice in simulated conditions right before they parachuted in.

Thier rifles utilize a type of gyroscopic device that keeps the rifle steady under the effects of environmental motion. Saw a snippet on NBC Nightly News a few nights ago; very impressive.

well, also keep in mind they were firing 50 cal rifles... with that caliber you don't even have to hit your target to score a kill... you just have to be close.

well, also keep in mind they were firing 50 cal rifles... with that caliber you don't even have to hit your target to score a kill... you just have to be close.

I think that has actually been proven to be a myth on mythbusters..

never the less.. I was an EOD man during my armed service and during a tour in Kosovo and we used the Berret to pick off munition which we dared not approach. Sadly we never got to use it outside the target range but at 400m you could be sure to hit dead centre on any target you aimed the reticle at.

And just to prove that i'm not full of BS.. here is a pic of me down in Kosovo holding a PMA-2 anti-personal mine.

IMG_0062.jpg

Not to downplay or belittle these guys great skill and effort.....but I dont think anyone really knows the shots were from only 25 yards. Im sure they also could have taken the shots with their Mark 23's.

Being stuck at the school bench again I'm not sure what I'm missing but.. Did SEALs shoot someone with a .50 cal?
Isn't that "against the law"? I know during my time in the army they said according to the Geneve Comission it's inhumane (sorry for all the typos) and the rifle should only be used to shoot down vehicles, not soldiers/people.

Wow, old thread. But still one kick a** picture. How do they not kill themselves with the recoil of that monster? That's what I'm wondering about. That sniper is HUGE! I swear, that thing is bigger than me...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back