My attempt at painting my BM DONE!!!!!!

Hey deadland,

you have a good eye for the details. I am using the layered technique too and it´s by far the best looking way for any helmet. IMO
The mandibles look very good so far.
Question: did you use some lighter grey on them? because normally they are lighter than the dome e.g.

Curious how the end result will look like.

Great job so far bro!

Manuel

For the first layer on the entire bucket I put down RLM 76 Light Gray from there on the mandies I masked out that damage and then sprayed bright silver then masked out that damage and sprayed Reefer Gray. Netx step will be to mask the gray, sliver and the other gray and then spray the Maroon.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
well git a chance to finish up the mandies over the weekend and last night. I did get a little bleed through so I will have to go back and touch up those areas. Once I got the masking fluid pealed off I just could not help myself and temp added the visor and othe little item to take a few pics.

when my son saw it he was like daddy is that for me:) I told him no felt bad doing so but themn I told him I would make him one next.

So what does he say to me this morning, daddy I don't want a Boba Fett helmet right now I want Captain Rex one. I guess Ihave my work cut out for me.:lol:lol:

Any way here are the pics..... and next step the dome.

DSCN0932.JPG

DSCN0934.JPG

DSCN0936.JPG

DSCN0937.JPG

DSCN0938.JPG

DSCN0939.JPG

Bro! Your doing a great job on that lid!

Loving the good details on the back panels. I see you´ve spent a little more time replicating the damage accurately than I have. Hehe:)

Your paintjob turns out fantastic, deadland!

It´s fun watching the great progress! Nice detailing as I said before ... it pays out when all the layers are on. Very good mandibles!

NICE!!!

BTW: yay, my 500th post! :)

You're doing a great job on that helmet, look forward to seeing the finished result(y)

DAZ

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and thank you DAZ for supplying such a great bucket to paint it has been fun and a challenge.

Well last week I got a chance to do some more work and have the dome just about done. Just need to add the kill stripes which I will try to dot his weekend. Then all that is left is some touchup painting in a few spots weathering and then a dulcoat and that should do it.

Well on to the pics

DSCN1012.JPG

DSCN1013.JPG

DSCN1014.JPG

DSCN1015.JPG

DSCN1016.JPG

DSCN1017.JPG

DSCN1018.JPG

Awesome job.
When finished, let me know when you want to show it off in person.

Hey Jesse you got it, I guess you could call this a test paint up for yours:lol:lol:

The work around here lately has been just awesome, fantastic work.(y)

WOW:eek: thanks a lot Spidey that means a great deal coming from you(y)(y) if it were not for your paint ups and TF's, RS paint list, CD stencils and all of the reference photos and everyone else here at the TDH this thing would have turned out dam ugly!!!! All I can wish for now is the Seeker seal of approval!!!

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Well during the week I was able to get the kill stripes painted and added a little weathering to the RF stalk and did some touch up painting here and there. With this long wekend ahead I should have all of the final weathering done and I will call this bad boy done.

Enjoy the Pics!!!

DSCN1019.JPG

DSCN1020.JPG

DSCN1021.JPG

DSCN1022.JPG

DSCN1023.JPG

DSCN1024.JPG

DSCN1025.JPG

DSCN1027.JPG

DSCN1028.JPG

Well I think I can call this bad boy done!!!!!!!

I was able to get the weathering done last weekend and I think it turned out good. Let me know what you think and if any changes or additions need to be made.

I just want to thank everyone for there input and all the talent that I have been able to watch over the years on this board.

DSCN1123.JPG

DSCN1125.JPG

DSCN1127.JPG

DSCN1130.JPG

DSCN1132.JPG

DSCN1133.JPG

DSCN1135.JPG

DSCN1136.JPG

DSCN1137.JPG

DSCN1138.JPG

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back