Hyperfirm rubber

gbeef

Hunter
What kind of rubber are hyperfirm guns made from. Does anyone know what supplier and what kind of resin foam? or rubber to look for?

as far as i know, hyperfirm is a proprietary material designed for and exclusively used by one group. it's not something you could get on your own.

I think i know what material it is, the problem is i'm not in the US to test it, or get it.:(
Ah well... ill figure out the caramel secret someday when i have i time.

I think stormtrooperguy is right. My understanding from talking to a friend of mine on the replica prop forums is that it is a proprietary material that only a certain company has rights to. It's also supposed to be nasty toxic stuff to work with.

There are other castable materials that have the same properties as "hyperfirm" rubber. They work great too!! I personally think that most people who dont know the supposed "recipe" think WAY too into the idea of some super secret concoction. In my experience with castable rubbers and foams, I have come to believe that it is much more simple than most would think. I may be way off though! Just my opinion!!

It possibly is a plastic like the used for the wheels, I don't know really, but, if I'm not wrong, Stormrider used the wheels foam, you can him what kind he used. (y)

I've heard it is actually extracted from underground wells on another planet!:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some folks say its harvested and grown deep in the jungle primeval by inmates of a Guatemalan insane asylum.

sorry to give it away, "hyperfirm rubber" is just a nickname for Concrete Stamping Rubber.
its also used for engine mounts and machine tooling pads, though for prop building its most comonly used by the guys over at sci-fire

(google is your friend BTW)

sorry to give it away, "hyperfirm rubber" is just a nickname for Concrete Stamping Rubber.
its also used for engine mounts and machine tooling pads, though for prop building its most comonly used by the guys over at sci-fire

Pretty much what I have been thinking and experimenting with...awesome stuff!

interesting... was it the tk560.com site you're referencing with your googling? if so, they say right in that thread that it wasn't actually the concrete stamping rubber. or the smoothon stuff that is also similar.

i think it's unicorn poop myself.

interesting... was it the tk560.com site you're referencing with your googling? if so, they say right in that thread that it wasn't actually the concrete stamping rubber. or the smoothon stuff that is also similar.

i think it's unicorn poop myself.

Harvested only under the light of a new moon -- no other, or it will dissipate into fecal ether....

It must then be stored in a lead crystal jar until time for Vulcanization....by an actual Vulcan. :D

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back