Custom Mandos

Yeah I do too... I like them both actually. I am in the process of "reimagining" both of our mandos right now. I have the plates done for mine minus the paint and am starting the helmets for both right now.

Kal

i think that in you scetch it would look better if the red on your mando was changed to blue. it just seems like to many colors. i really like the big uns they're gonna be so cool.

Actually... I'm looking at some new colors and I'm doing a few modifications to the suit as is... I'll post those when I can.

Now, how did I miss this?... Great concept pics! Love the colors. But I agree with BamFett, to many different colors. The verpine design looks great, though a challenge to build with how big they are. Will you do the whole thing from scratch? Good luck with it!

I am not building it all from scratch... I've got my plates made, mostly painted. I'm sticking with my many colors! lol, I'm going to use standard Fett gauntlets so that IF I decide to do a Fett later, I can and I won't need new gauntlets, and the blue is my clan color (the white detailing on the sholders is a Kentucky Wildcat silouette crossed with a sabertooth skull)... but there are a few changes to the actual design at this point... I'll post the new concepts eventually. As for my verp... I'm actually building on airsoft parts; a few pieces from a nerf longshot, a little paint and voila! lol I Designed it based on the Magpul VIS-1 MUR combined with a Nerf Longshot Front end. The problem I have right now is that the Nerf frontend is literally bigger than my MUR upper and standard lower put together. So, I'm going to have to do some "modding." But that's where I am right now.

Kal

Okay, here's the plates for my armor set. They have a hammered bronze basecoat (Krylon Fusion Metallic) and are finished in Satin Italian Olive also from Krylon. I used masking tape to put the "weathering" on the armor exposing some of the basecoat. The shoulder plates will be Royal Blue/True Blue depending on which I can find in Satin finish.

Kal

DSCN0864.JPG

DSCN0865.JPG

Sweet! Love the copper look. So first you painted the whole thing copper, then put masking tape over the parts you wanted to weather and then painted it that green/grey color and took the tape off? Instant easy weather, great idea! i might do that with silver... Lol I figure that it was a longshot. Good idea to use it.

Yup, that's exactly what I did. Yeah, I'm actually going to have to cut some off the top and bottom back end of the longshot barrel though so that it will mate up with my rifle properly.

Hey Kal, Ill be watching this thread a lot! My wife and I are just starting our mandos. Still researching and sourceing things. Were going to make it all ourselves as well, though it'll be easier since our Beskar will be matching. Were sort of a matched set in real life so it fits. Looking forward to seeing more progress on your builds!
Mike

Awesome! Glad I can be of some use! lol We're pretty well matched too, it's just I'm a little more tactical/practical in my armor choice, that and I'm trying to double up parts usage whereas hers has to be entirely customized.

Kal

Yeah Kal, I wish I would have started this a month ago. It would have been fun to bounce ideas around. I'll be content to watch and learn. Ive sent a few PM's about the FM chest armor, nothing back yet. Hope to see some more progress shots soon vod, don't let me catch up to you:)
Mike

Yeah I'm having the same problem with the fem armor... also a little bit delayed due to cost and the fact that my wife is trying to lose weight so... lol obvious delays there since i don't want to have to resize it ten times. I'm making changes to the actual designs so I'll post those soon.

I love the hammered look copper, I used it on my first set of black & purple armor, trying to get an acid burn look, I like how it turned out.

I just did a minor update on my white fang bucket if you wanna check it out.

glad u like it! I'm actually trying to find the right paint for the shoulders and the material for the vest and FS... I got plastic to start my gauntlets with, we'll see how those turn out I guess. But first... I have to mow the yard, and then... off to the range! I've got a M9 qual coming up and haven't shot in over 6 months... oh boy...lol

Kal

Okay, here's the new dope on our mandos. Fi is no longer wanting to be a sniper, since she's studying to be a nurse, she's decided to go with the whole medic route. I am maintaining my Air Liason Officer/scout functions but I will not be a "sniper" instead, I'll be going with the term... Squad Designated Marksman. Our armor schemes are definately finished now, we're both doing away with the cloaks, She's going to a Kama and I'm going with a Shemagh wrapped around the neck. As for the colors on mine... since they're hard to distinguish, My plates are Italian olive and Wildcat Blue, with grey primer on the cheeks of the helmet. Her plates are Wildcat Blue, black and white. Both of us have hammered copper metallic Krylon for the basecoat to give it that bronze beskar'gam appearance where the "weathering" has been added. Fi's new weapon is a modified MandalVerp Compact PDW.

Some awesome drawing skills there ner'vod. Looks really good! Can't wait to see the construction of them! Good luck!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back