mcquarrie snowtrooper helmet

Dream Inspired

New Hunter
hi everyone... it seems like it's been forever since i've been here. :facepalm
there were a few members who asked me about my avatar awhile back and i told them all about it and said that i would post images here sometime, and well.... i guess i'm here to do that after all this time. :p

here's my mcquarrie snowtrooper helmet. you can see the build pics here along with the armor that i've been working on FOREVER!!!
http://forum.clonetroopers.net/index.php?showtopic=9739

here's the finished products originally sculpted and casted by me from molds built by SGB.
the helmet on the left is owned by Yodasan and the helmet on the right is mine.
feel free to PM me for any details, and thanks for looking.
1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've thought about doing this helmet before because I love the concept stuff! There's just something about the preproduction art of the OT that clicks.

Awesome helmet!

Check out the McQuarrie production portfolios or the ART OF THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK book. There are a few full pics in there. There's always the McQ Concept figure, too.

thanks guys. here's a few more images per request via PM.
i have an ongoing build thread over at blizzardforce.com where i'm trying to source soft parts for this costume. i have most everything sourced as of now so i should be putting it all together sometime soon after i make the final few hard pieces.
the chest plate WIP
100_1303Custom.jpg

the back pack WIP
007-2.jpg

compad
100_1087Custom-1.jpg

and here's the original design by ralph mcquarrie

snowy010Custom.jpg

snowy001Custom.jpg

hasbro figure
TAC42McSnownoneFR.jpg

TAC42McSnowLS.jpg

I always love it when people bring Mcquarrie's art to life:love

amazing job on the costume so far! the weathering on the helmet is great(y)

Yes, I am actually drawing on the face of my Dark Trooper, trying to figure out the contours on the face and eyes.

You did a great job on the weathering Adam, I like it.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back