Four Slot Beacon With Brass Top

Here's a short one with a screw. What do you think.

I think the concept is good, but with the additional pic now, I think it's definitely not a screw. It seems to be part of the top brass piece and the shape has more of a round top, where the screw has a flat area where the cross hairs are for the screwdriver.

BTW... might I make one suggestion? on the long top (rotj) if you look inside the top most slot, part of the slot is obscured by what I assume to be the fact that they did not mill out the inside as deep as they should have so when the topmost slot was milled, part of it broke through the thickness of the wall (as it should) and part did not. I know we are really picking it apart here, but I am assuming it would take no extra work to do this... could it be done? If you need reference, you only need to look at the last photo in the first post to see what I am referring to.

I saw that, but they did a bad job of milling. I don't want to do the same:lol:. I'll change my part to fix that. I'm also looking for a new hump peice for the top.

Thanks,
Serenity

BTW... might I make one suggestion? on the long top (rotj) if you look inside the top most slot, part of the slot is obscured by what I assume to be the fact that they did not mill out the inside as deep as they should have so when the topmost slot was milled, part of it broke through the thickness of the wall (as it should) and part did not. I know we are really picking it apart here, but I am assuming it would take no extra work to do this... could it be done? If you need reference, you only need to look at the last photo in the first post to see what I am referring to.

I had a crash while working on one a couple weeks ago. But I've started to work on it again. I did make nine of the brass flat top beacon if any wants one and four alum flat top. And won't be leaving the step in the top slot it's to hard on the 1/16 mill.

Take care,
Serenity

Hey Sean,
Any new updates or progress on the ESB Beacons?
You are on the right track brotha! (y):D

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back