Decent ROTS Clone Helmet Suppliers?

Kwally89

Hunter
Well, seeing as SFP sucks...I just decided to scrap the entire thread I posted earlier. I am looking for decent ROTS clone helmets to mess with. Anyone know a reliable supplier?

Thanks guys,
Kody

Last edited by a moderator:
not no but hell no. STARFORTRESS SUCKS!!!!! they are recasters of the worse kind.
if you buy from them you yourself become suspect.

recasting is stealing.

wow...they are that bad?? I understand that recasting is stealing, but why would I be suspect if I bought from them?? That is going a little far IMO. Anyways, thanks for the info guys! I'll search through old threads and read up on em.

Deleted the original question because Star Fortress sucks. I knew their Fett stuff looked like **** but had no idea how deep the problems were. Anyways, still looking for a ROTS clone helmet.

wow...they are that bad?? I understand that recasting is stealing, but why would I be suspect if I bought from them?? That is going a little far IMO. Anyways, thanks for the info guys! I'll search through old threads and read up on em.

you would be suspect because if you bought from a known recaster then thats makes you as bad as the recaster himself. because of your support for their questionable stuff.

don't recast and do not buy recasted stuff.

you would be suspect because if you bought from a known recaster then thats makes you as bad as the recaster himself. because of your support for their questionable stuff.

don't recast and do not buy recasted stuff.

I get what you're saying, but a lot of recasting is in a gray area. I have no problem with MR recasts. They no longer produce the helmet or have a Star Wars license! Also, the SgtFang Fett helmet is a total recast. He just cleaned up the helmet with some bondo and sandpaper. No one has a problem with that, including myself. However, recasting a fan-made prop or sculpt is WRONG! I wouldn't purchase a recasted SgtFang helmet or a TMP Iron Man piece.

You just can't go around saying that "recasts are all bad and you're bad if you buy them!!!" I'm sure that you've bought props that are directly descended from recasts. Even if you think you haven't, you probably have my friend.

you are correct , mr recast are a big grey area. they are now like don post helmets. my meaning was fanmade sculpts are not to be recasted. sorry about my abrupt reply but i try to stop anyone from doing business with SFP and i am very vocal about recasting.
recasters are the reason some very talented guys will not sell thier props anymore.

SFP recast any helmet they can. thier kashyyyk helmet is a recast of pghfett's helmet and i believe thier neo is skygunbro's.

if you want a kashyyyk scout ,pm me or skygunbro.

you are correct , mr recast are a big grey area. they are now like don post helmets. my meaning was fanmade sculpts are not to be recasted. sorry about my abrupt reply but i try to stop anyone from doing business with SFP and i am very vocal about recasting.
recasters are the reason some very talented guys will not sell thier props anymore.

SFP recast any helmet they can. thier kashyyyk helmet is a recast of pghfett's helmet and i believe thier neo is skygunbro's.

if you want a kashyyyk scout ,pm me or skygunbro.

I totally understand where you were coming from my friend. Recasting fan-made or products that are currently being produced with a license is WRONG! I noticed that SFP's Kashyyyk helmet was EXACTLY like pghfett's. Would you mind pming me a price on a Kashyyyk scout helmet? Thanks!

You can try Marcello aka TK1389 on clonetrooper.net He's doing work with Sci-Fire doing helmets for them. He's a real good guy!

I didn't know that StarFortress was a recaster, I'm glad I came across this thread. Do they indeed recast EVERYTHING? Like blasters and the like? The reputable sites you listed, do they sell just the kits, or do they also sell already finished ones as well? I ask that because I in no way have the skills to complete a kit myself.

Not only are they recasters, but the guy is a child molester and he fled to the Fillipeans to avoid jail since they have no extredition.

Do some of them sell them already painted and the like? Because as I've said, I'm no good with the type of work you guys do, so I would have to purchase something already "ready to wear" as it were.

i think what most people do is get a kit from someone and then pay another person to finish it, if the maker of the kit doesn't offer finishing service.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back