Scratch built animated helmet

nzjedi

Jr Hunter
Hi all,
I'm new to TDH but I recognise a few names around the place, some of you guys know me most wont, anyway I've been working away on this for a few months while I have spare time. I had a thread about it on CE but well.. you know..
Anyway, here's where its at, nearly done but still some symmetry and clean up issues to address
cw2.JPG

(that photo is a couple of weeks old, I've done more work to it but I'm out of primer..and I dont like posting pics of unprimed stuff.. :p )
also my First TDH thread whheeeeeeee!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks fellers :) it's been a very tricky build, I don't think I'll ever make a helmet this simple again, the lack of details, make flaws really stick out. I keep meaning to go over the whole thing with calipers and straighten it out but, you know how it is :p

hey tim it is kinda the same thing with kashyyyk helmet. very simple at first glance, but getting all the angles and stuff right can be quite a job as you know. :)

I don't think I'll ever bother moulding this one so I have no plans of ever offering them, If I were you I'd look into a G2 bucket, they are perfect. The G2 team are working on a lot of animated gear, there's some very cool stuff coming ;)

It's mainly sheet plastic, foam, bondo and epoxy putty. The fin is mdf, I'm going to redo that though, it's not quite right.

Here's a few more pictures of where its at now, still some tidying to do and need to sculpt the vent holes but, there isnt much left to do. I've decided I'll probably mould this up after all.

DSC00028-2.jpg

DSC00029-2.jpg

DSC00030-2.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

Cheers mate,
There are still quite a few rough spots and lines that need straigtening up but, it's getting there slowly, finishing the vent holes will be an interesting job.

Eh, you'll manage it I'm sure. I've not seen one poor NZ lid yet. ;)

It's funny isn't it how photos manage to hide all the little faults that just jump right out at you in person. Something I noticed alot during my Snow Clone build that. :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back