big baby

samuel

New Hunter
I finally got this project off the ground. It took me forever to find stuff at the hardware stores that were proportioned correctly. The barrels and outer ring are slightly larger relative to the stock than the concept drawings suggest, but not by much. I had to find a happy medium on the over all size. However, ive stayed closely to what the drawings and sideshow have done. The outer barrels are 2.5" pvc. The inner barrels will be 1.75". This conviently is also the diameter of firework motar launching tubes. :)
The bottle in the last picture is for size reference. The side show replica weighs in at 42lbs. This one will round out about 15 lbs. It still has a ton of work to be done. I started to shape the stock out, but got sidetracked and put it together for giggles.
IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

hellboy2still01.jpg

bigbaby.jpg

2466251386_36a66732d2.jpg

2542966961_05e44a2d55.jpg

I got the back part of the barrel shaped out. I was going to make it out of wood, but I wanted to keep the weight down. I made this section out of cardboard, the green flower foam, and bondo. It still needs a lot of touch up and shaping, but its getting there.
IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

I took a step backwards over the weekend and remade the cap piece. The first on was cardboard and green foam covered in bondo. AS you can see it breaks pretty easily. The gun is going to weigh about 15 lbs when its all said and done, and I can see this thing being dropped at least once. So I made a new one out of wood. I think all I have left at this point is to put on the finishing touches, bondo then paint.

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back