big baby

Hey Samuel, Great work so far! Love seeing another HB fan on here. (y)

Yeah, 15 lbs sounds about right! That's about what mine weighs that I finished up for Dragon Con last year! All hard woods with some aluminum sprinkled in for good measure seems like the way to go! But man, carrying around that extra 15"+" lbs. really cuts down on the length of time that I'm able to troop, I mean really, I was able to go for like 6 hrs before, now if I can the "Big Baby" around, it's like 3 or 4 hrs, it's like doing non stop isometrics! :love

Don't mean to hi-jake your thread, but I thought I'd post some pics to help provide some motivation for you in order to see it through to the end, it's quite a substantial project! Good Luck brother and can't wait to see the finished "New Born"! :lol:

:cheers

Eric and Dad 002.jpg

IMG_2316.JPG

IMG_2303.JPG

IMG_2299.JPG

IMG_3358-1.jpg

IMG_3360-1.jpg

IMG_3351-1.jpg

If I might ask where is everyone getting their reference images for these projects? I am just amazed at what you all are accomplishing. I would love to build one of these just as a prop to have.

I used a combo of images. The first one I redrew to get a plan. I also used several images from sideshow. My gun will be a mix between the concept and screen used.

bigbaby.jpg

cd1a_1.jpg

d03d_1.jpg

if you want, i can send you and eps or illustrator file of what i redrew. Mine, im thinking is a little big. However, It works perfect for me becaus of what its going to be used for. You can always scale the file down. I used side show's basic measurements for size. My thinking was that they had access to the screen used one. The gun is huge compared to me, but then again Im not 6'5" and the son of a ancient god of destruction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok i did a quick paint job so I could test fire this bad boy. I'll go back laer and add the missing detail. I had just been in the pool before we shot this so please don't think I spend my free time running around shirtless.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back