Zam's Veil and Mock Hood(?)

Cutest Sandgirl

Active Hunter
DCB, I'm going to look at the image CD tonight but I wanted your opinon on what fabric you think Zam's veil is made out of since you saw it in person. The fold of fabric in the back too. :)

(I figured since we've got the suit figured out we'd move on to the next item. :) )

i don't think they make pig suede in veg tanned... i dunno though.

I was never a fan of veg tanned leather... so i stayed away from it...

i always found better stuff at a warehouse fabric store or the saddle shop by me :) nice, soft, supple, thin leather... mmmmmm .. none of that tandy crap!

veg tanned always looks too "new" to me... never has that worn in "SW" look - unless you REALLY work it for a LONG time.

See, now that causes another issue, if you can't dye the pigskin leather, cause it's not veg tanned, then... paint the suede? I don't get it.

:lol: P.S. I am going to DIE :lol: if someone tells me the specific breed of animal that we have to maime to get the exact suede hyde...
Um, yeah, it was the runt of the pigs that were bread in the midwest US that belonged to billy bob joe jim jr's half sister sally, and it was raised on just purple corn feed.

ok - i found out... you can get pig suede in veg tanned.... and it needs to be veg tanned in order to be dyed. I was confused.. ''cause when i think of veg tanned - i think of that crap thick leather that Tandy sells... but i guess there's better stuff out there.

Kim got her purple pigskin suede from "The Leather Factory" I think they have a website, but we went to the store and picked it out ourselves.

it came already dyed, and then she left it out in the sun to fade a little.

-cris

BTW it is really hard to sew for the novice :( I tried making some gloves out of it and it was so sticky on the suede side that it kept bunching up under the needle.

-cris

zam i am wrote:

I am going to DIE :lol: if someone tells me the specific breed of animal that we have to maime to get the exact suede hyde...

Actually, it's nogahide. Zam I Am, as a part of your initiation you have to pull the hide from a "noga" :D and no, cow-tipping doesn't count. :D

MonCal wrote:

Actually, it's nogahide. Zam I Am, as a part of your initiation you have to pull the hide from a "noga" :D and no, cow-tipping doesn't count. :D

That's unfair, why do I always have to earn the stupid zam scout badges first? :D It's worse than the bounty basket weaving zam scout badge. sheesh. At least I don't have to pull the hide off of a bantha.
"here noga noga noga" "come here little noga noga noga" zam whistles...

Actually - it's spelled Naugahyde™.... and i got my boy on the case - pulling the skin off the Nauga's he caught...

naugaboy.jpg

I KNEW dem naugahydes were located in the mid west! Ok, Franklin, wrestle me one o' dem little rascles too. Gotta earn that badge... Do I have to start drooling too?

Right on! Great pic
I wondered what a nauga looked like :)
I looked in my dictionary and couldn't find it under any spelling so I gave up ;) then again, it was published in 1966.

Just went to the leather shop and the guy said to use a spray to put the dye on the pig suede skin. If you douse it, it becomes all hard and what not. Just some 2cents.

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back