EAR PIECE QUESTION/ PLEASE HELP.

Yroc Yar

Active Hunter
WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO TAKE OFF THE EAR PIECE TO REPLACE THE ENTENNA WITHOUT BREAKING IT .(THE EAR PIECE COVER) DO YOU NEED SOME KIND OF GLUE REMOVER , CAUSE I KEEP PULLING AND IT SEEMS LIKE IT WANTS TO BREAK .

CORY

I had that problem with one of my helmets & I just pryed it open enough to get a new x-acto blade in there & cut my way through the area that wouldn't give. Watch your fingers!

And of course, don't get discouraged if you break anything. I've wiped out one of those myself, but after a little patience, glue, putty and sandpaper, you'd never know it happened.

Sometimes the best part of a hobby is figuring out how to fix your own mistakes. :)

Mine just fell off in shipping.

I was so annoyed, right up until I realised you had to take that sucker off anyway.

I'd guess any of the above would work fine, or possibly a dremel to really show it who's boss! :evil

Si

Yeah! gotta love those things. You can do pretty much anything with one.

(Disclaimer: anything EXCEPT shave, stroke a cat, feed a baby, juggle, drive...... Oh crap, turns out all you can do is cut stuff :facepalm)

Si

well we didn't really have to worry about that because our dad "accidentally" dropped it and the earcap and range finder popped right off. :facepalm :lol:

Though I wouldn't suggest trying that. ;)
The dremel sounds like a lot better of an idea. :D

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back