Half a Rifle Scope

Blastech

Well-Known Hunter
Alright. I'm to lazy to post pics at the moment. But Fett enthusiasts should know the pics I'm talking about. Alright. In the Visual Dictionary shoot, all of the pics of his ROTJ rifle have just half of a scope. I used to think this was merely a cropping of the picture, until I began seeing this half-scoped rifle all over the place. In the helmet section, in TD's new post, somone posted a pic of ESB helmeted fett with blaster, and it's got just half. What is up with this weird rifle?

My theory was that it was a "stunt" blaster that was used in the Luke slicing scene. Perhaps that blaster was detachable at the pvc joint meeting the webley and the scope at that joint was in two pieces. Once this scene was filmed, for publicity purposes a gun may have been needed and the stunt was quickly reassembled without the half of the scope? Just a thought, but I'm pretty curious.

...and the other half of the scope is buried somewhere out in the sands...forgotten by time...sought by collectors...

"STAR WARS: EPISOPE XXVI - THE SEARCH FOR SCOPE"

But I digress...

Talk about a sense of deja vu....I think the scope thing was mentioned in a thread last summer. I'm pretty sure we came to the same conclusion about the scope being part of a stunt rifle. Ironically in the Visual Dictionary, Boba's rifle appears in the weapon section at the beginning and has the whole scope present. Pretty crazy....

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back