I Need Help painting my Helmet.....Please!

fettzilla

Hunter
I have ordered a Helmet from Bobamaker which will be turning up soon and i have remembered i have not got a clue how do paint it,layer it.weather it etc...Its cost me a bit of money to get and so i don't want to bugger up the paint job now. It comes ready base coated thats as much as i know (see pic)..Can any of you guys give me any tips..ie the right colour green etc.. I live in the UK too so might not have the same retail shops as the US....Any ideas????

Helmet_Kit.jpg

If you do a search for helmetpainting here, you'll find tons of posts about the subject, techniques, paintbrands and colorcodes... :)

Do you know what version you want to do? If it's ESB... check out the thread by terminal fettler. It's go all that you need to know... and then some.

Here are a couple that I think will help right off the bat for ya.

this one will give you some stencils for a guide for painting if you are doing ESB, but you will have to resize for a BM buckett as I am going through that process right now trying to find the right size.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=23320

this one should help you with the colors needed for over there and it is a good step by step.
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=30707

Other than that use the search as there are a lot of great paint ups around here!!!

You should chat with Mojo Fett about what colors are available in the UK. Like the others said, it all depends on what version your doing.

i've also seen some tips on weathering and scratches by painting the base metal coat then applying either brown mustard or toothpaste in the desired "scratch" areas and painting over then. the toothpaste and mustard should be allowed to harden before painting then just picked off lightly afterwards.

Or, you can use the masking fluid route... Ive never used the mustard nor the toothpaste options but I can highly recommend the masking fluid! (y)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back