Jango Rubies Westar-34 Mod

Rupidupe

Active Hunter
I recently had an event with the 501st. The only aspect of my costume that I wasn't pleased with happened to be the Westars. Kids want to hold them and when they see your Rubies Westars they know that they have the same ones. Takes something away from it. So, I did a quick mod until I can get some quality pistols.

One thing I did was take them apart and add weights to the inside of the grips as well as a steel bar inside the brass tube. This mod alone really gave these toys some added weight which makes them feel more realistic. Some chrome paint, a brass intake tube, a little sand paper, and Bob's your Uncle!

Keep in mind these are in no way going to replace a set of MR's or something that has been made to spec. I did this entire mod in a day and was pleased enough with the finished product to think that I might actually take some time and try to produce another set with better quality results.

DSC02795.JPG

DSC02797.JPG

they look pretty good dude!!! nice alternative at least... so what Chrome paint did you use? I want to paint mine so I don't ruin my resin ones.

It's more than just new paint. I'm surprised that no one else has picked up on this yet.

The brass pipe that you inserted into the barrel makes a huge difference. Another mod that you could consider doing is to add a bit more length to the barrel section, as I find that the Rubies blasters look a bit stubby/short to me.

I did use the Dremel to gut the barrel and the orange cap on the end of the barrel. Even with that it really was a pretty easy mod. I'm not sure the barrel length is off so much as the bulbous end piece makes it look short. I could be wrong. Anyway, these made a pretty decent replacement for the Rubies on short notice.

It's more than just new paint. I'm surprised that no one else has picked up on this yet.

The brass pipe that you inserted into the barrel makes a huge difference. Another mod that you could consider doing is to add a bit more length to the barrel section, as I find that the Rubies blasters look a bit stubby/short to me.

The barrels are between 1 to 2 inches shorter than the resin and MR Westars, with the resin versions being the longer of the two.

yeah, a part number for the paint would be awesome... I have been looking for a good chrome, since r-n-b'ing blasters is a pain in the patookey.

I love how it turned out, the brass tube in the barrel is the kicker. Without that, it wouldn't look this good, even with paint. Does this one make the blaster sound and light up?

My custom mando is going to have a single Westar, and I was thinking of putting a high power LED into the barrel to give it a nice blaster effect. It shouldn't be too hard to work around the brass tube in the barrel, I assume it's got a decent diameter?

They look great ! Im going to try this out ! I think i will file out the Made in China and words on the pistols ! Thanks Rupidupe !

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back