DCon 09 info...for those who plan on going.

NovallTalon

Well-Known Hunter
There have been some big changes to DragonCon this year. I just received info from my staff contact, and here are the big changes so far.

1) Registration is being moved to the Sheraton this year.

2) All Star Wars fan tracks along with Star Trek and a few others are being moved to the Sheraton this year.

3) Fan tables have been split between the Hyatt and Sheraton.

So it looks like people are going to be hoofing it quite a bit this year.

There is an airline convention going on the EXACT same time as DCon this year, and it's sucked up lots of Marriott space. The grand ballroom where registration was in the Hyatt is now being used for another function.

o_O Whose brilliant idea was that? Not only does this wreak minor logistical havoc for getting from place to place over the weekend, are you telling me someone at this airline/hotel thought it would be a good idea to have their convention RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF US?! *headdesk*

--Jonah

There is an airline convention going on the EXACT same time as DCon this year, and it's sucked up lots of Marriott space. The grand ballroom where registration was in the Hyatt is now being used for another function.

Not to mention...Nascar is going on that Sunday in Atlanta...so there are a bunch of Nascar fans taking up the hotels as well.

o_O Whose brilliant idea was that? Not only does this wreak minor logistical havoc for getting from place to place over the weekend, are you telling me someone at this airline/hotel thought it would be a good idea to have their convention RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF US?! *headdesk*

--Jonah

I liked the bottom portion of the Marriott too, but that's fine. I now have a personal mission to create whatever impact I may by frequenting that area. It would rock to have these folks conduct a nice, fancy dinner deal in one of the large rooms and there I am right outside the door in the most obnoxious costume I own (I'm sure the Spartan would work well). However, I'm sure the hotel is waaaay ahead of me and will have this area blocked off, but the thought was entertaining. :D

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back