My Review of season one of Clone Wars

InfraFett

Active Hunter
I'm not good at reviews, yet here it goes. First, I'm going to start with the negatives.

I think other Jedi and Clones need screen time. Anakin and Obi-wan aren't bad, yet others need screen time, too. plain and simple.

The Republic seems to win in almost every episode. There were a couple times where Assajj and Cad Bane got the best of the Jedi, yet not enough.

Now, the positives.

At first, I didn't think much for Asohka, yet now I think she has potential. I like the fact that she gets paired with other Jedi besides Anakin. Her and Luminara, or her and Aayla Secura make good for a Jedi team.

I also didn't think much for Assajj before the series, yet she certainly makes up for it. Definately a worthy Villian. And so far, I like Cad Bane too.

I also like the fact Anakin isn't emo. lol

As for season 2, I don't know what all they have planned. My advice to you is to NOT get your hopes up, yet it's possible we could see that Jabba isn't very fond of Ziro being out of custody, or Cad Bane for helping him escape. so he could put out a reward for the person who defeats Cad Bane. A certain Hunter could prove himself to Jabba and bring Cad's head to him.....

So, what are your thoughts? what did you like? what didn't you like?

I agree the republic seem to always win but who knows what this season will bring. Has anyone noticed Cad Banes left gauntlet? It seems to resembles a Mandalorian type of gauntlet.

Yeah I think a Jedi needs to fall or the Republic needs to loss in a major way, it seems to one sided. I can't wait for some new commanders as well, season one was ok

My only real problem with the show is it is making the transition from Episode II to III seem like a real far strech. In CW the clones have feelings and comradery with the generals and Anakin seems to be maturing. Granted the cartoon skywalker is displaying better acting skills than haden, it seems really hard to go from mentor anakin to desperate to hold on to what he loves anakin.

Overall I like the animation, the plots, and that the show is not as "kiddy" as it could have been. I think Ahsoka is a very good addition to the EU in that she offers some personality to the story.

Anybody know when the show may be hitting DVD? I want to see if I could realistically have one of my costumes done by then.

Hey as for the possible boba story...In an interview with Dave, George specifically told him to do nothing with the Fett man. I guess cause thats all for the live action show coming up. But who knows what season 2 will bring, but looking foward to seeing more Cad Bane. Love his character

Woops forgot to mention I had little faith in the beggining for the show but it really grew on me and now I wouldn't miss a showing! Really like the series and I have faith that Dave knows what he is doing and it can really start to pick up!!

Where did you see that? I can't remember where I read it, yet I remember something about Boba making an appearance or two.

Hey as for the possible boba story...In an interview with Dave, George specifically told him to do nothing with the Fett man. I guess cause thats all for the live action show coming up. But who knows what season 2 will bring, but looking foward to seeing more Cad Bane. Love his character

We need some dang MANDOS! They only trained the commanders of the GAR...ya know? Lets see at least one in the background somewhere.

They have also really made Grevious seem like a tactical idiot. He was built up as this great general before they made him a droid, so why has that changed?

Yeah we need to see that the separatists are actually winning once in awhile to keep the fear factor up.

Yeah we need to see that the separatists are actually winning once in awhile to keep the fear factor up.

Well, from what I remember the seperatist did rescure Newt Gunray, Grevious killed everyone who stopped by his house with the exception of Kit Fisto, and Bane was pretty ruthletss in the season finale. I think one of the problems with killing a jedi is that most of the ones in the show have a death scene in ROTS. SO in order to make it count you will need to indtroduce a new jedi and develop him/her and then kill them off, which may be hard in a single episode. one of the to be continued ones though may work.

I like it ,but they do need to loose some more fights. I also like how they are showing the different jedi with out obi or anikin.

Well, from what I remember the seperatist did rescure Newt Gunray, Grevious killed everyone who stopped by his house with the exception of Kit Fisto, and Bane was pretty ruthletss in the season finale.

Problem is that the seps aren't really shown making some epic wins minus 1 mini-series. Grevs killed a bunch of clones and a "not yet ready to be knight" knight...but he also got pretty messed up if my memory serves me. Back in the old clone wars cartoon he took on 6 Jedi and wiped the floor with them.

Yeah Bane was honestly the best villian I've seen on the series done yet.

On the whole it's been a great first season with some very interesting stories and characters. The clones are interesting, in that they've touched on what Karen Traviss wrote about and made them more then just indentical soldiers - I'd have liked to see them take Slick further, perhaps having him as more of a reaccuring character.
I love what they've done so far with Bane, hopefully he's not a character they'll waste.
Yes I agree they need to show the war going both ways, with wins going to the Seps more often and more completely then the shortlived win of the fleet Captain over Ryloth.

I do look forward to next season.

After seeing the movie, I was really bummed about this entire series, but for the most part, the shows have been very good, entertaining, not too childish (although I still absolutey despise Asoka's character and her relationship with Anakin... seriously... can you imagine Ep III Anakin calling anyone "Snips") but as others have said, if they are going to tie the series back into the movies, I think Season II will need to be more desperate and more dark. So far, these episodes have been very upbeat and morally uplifting tales. We see each episode begin with a Yoda-like quote of wisdom. I think for the next season we need to see this wisdom begin to fail and backfire and see that good and justice does not always triumph. That is kinda the point as we lead up to Ep III... what should work and what should win does not. Cheating and lying and stealing are what get one ahead, not virtue and valor and truth. The Jedi simply can't accept this and can't adapt to it and this is the core of why they fail. It sure isn't a pretty picture to paint but if they don't get to painting it, Ep III is going to seem very out of place compared to the cartoons.

Where did you see that? I can't remember where I read it, yet I remember something about Boba making an appearance or two.

Well, not fully sure where I heard it... but think it might have been from the force cast when they interviewed Dave or the roundtabel on that episode. Basically I remember it basically saying the no touch characters and bounty hunters (ESB) at least at that point were a no touch. But not 100% sure but I do remember somethign along those lines as it made sense to me since you have the live action coming up and George wouldn't want the two stories to get tangled up. But know knows what can change it was dated material around the air of downfall of a droid.
Cheers!

i kinda hate the whole fact that you know what happens. due to it being in between episode 2, and 3. you know grievous is killed in the 3rd episode and anikin doesn't die until episode 6,not counting clone wars as a movie. (as darth vader) and obi wan dies along mace windu.etc. but all in al for a show on CN is **** decent. i feel thats we haven't seen jango, or boba (boba as a child i would assume) but decent stuff

I've been watching episode commentary on starwars.com. I like how Dave and his team put a few nods in that hardcore fans may catch. (Staff of Ra etc...) There is also a Ralph Mcquarrie styled clone helmet in Episode 20 that I believe Clone trooper Boyle is wearing. I also like how they touched on the dynamic of clone trooper personalities in Hidden Enemy. Overall I found it a decent season and I'm looking forward to season 2.

Saeson 2 sould be really amazing from what I hear in interviews with Dave...he really seems to know what the fans want and love all the nods to the EU and Indy.
But as for Boba It did dawn on me that I would not want to see boba. Yes, I do mean I DON'T want to see boba in the clone wars. He is still very young and Jango didn't die that long ago. I think he should disappear and come back after the clone wars as the hunter we love and then we could also see how he developed into that position. Since it is more of an adult theme, I think it would be best left for the live action of which is described as "deadwood meets sopranos". Just my opinion though.
No matter what, I can't wait to the fall for season 2.

i feel thats we haven't seen jango, or boba (boba as a child i would assume) but decent stuff

We haven't seen Jango 'cause he was killed by Mace in episode 2 dude :rolleyes

Quite like it more than I'd thought, had some decent new characters and stories, the Republic seemed to lose a lot of Cruisers in Space Battles, so I'd say they showed them suffering losses, and the way the Jedi's seemed to react when squads of Clones died seemed to show their feelings that the clones were nothing more than expendable, which may come to show how the Clones execute Order 66 so easily

(although I still absolutey despise Asoka's character and her relationship with Anakin... seriously... can you imagine Ep III Anakin calling anyone "Snips")

I have same feelings. Was kinda hoping they were gonna kill her off from the Blue Shadow Virus

...and Aayla Secura

freakin loved that they featured Aayla. was always wondering how they pronounced her name because I named my daughter Aayla after her.

Anybody know when the show may be hitting DVD?

release only 4 episodes on a dvd. I'm sure after they release 5 of these type of dvds separately, then they will release them all in one season

but other then that, I liked season 1. I pretty much like anything Star Wars, I let the child mode take effect and go with it. I try not to nit pick things cause then the adult in me comes out and loses the joy I have for SW.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back