New Rubies Supreme Boba Fett Costume

Well, if that's an MR helmet, and it certainly looks like it, then that's half of the price of the whole thing. They just need to shave about $400 off the total price and it might be worth it. Might. That is, if you don't care about much about accuracy. Unfortunately for Rubies, there prolly aren't many who don't care about accuracy AND are willing to pay $900 for a costume. Usually when you are pushing $1000 people start caring about accuracy. Usually.

Interested in what seeing the Jet Pack will look like.

It looks pretty good in this picture.

boba%20new%206%20shop.png

I don't know, for a Halloween costume it's not all that bad, it's a whole lot better than their regular Halloween costumes. The thing that has to be kept in mind is that I don't think these are really intended for the hardcore costuming crowd who've pored over picture they could find of Boba Fett and studied every piece of footage to build the most accurate Fett costume possible. These types of costumes are for the people who aren't really costumers and may have seen Fetts, Mandos, and/or Stormtroopers at cons but don't know about sites like this and groups like the 501st and see it their way of getting a costume like they see at the cons not realizing that there's better out there.

The price is a bit high but I bet it's because it's not produced or expected to sell in the same numbers as their regular costumes so they make up for it by charging more. It probably would sell a lot better at half the price, almost $1,000 is an awful lot for something that's mass produced.

It looks bad "as is" .... and for $900 ***, I bought my TE stormtrooper kit for that much, granted I probably put another $200 into it to assemble and boots, bodysuit, gun... ect, but the Fett looks "cheap" but it isn't. Like Fettpride said $199.99 is more like it.

The pack in that smaller photo, looks like a picture of an actual suit, it doesn't look like they had one of the rubies available. Besides, his boots are different in that pic, doubt the person was even wearing a pack.

I can see this as a decent investment for a costume shop that does rentals. Buy it, rent it 2-3 times at $300-400 (which they can get for the nicer rentals) and you've recouped the money. And there's no way one of these would not be rented every year, if not more than once.

But to shell out that much to own privately? Maybe we're all too well versed and snobby about our suits, but I'd think $800-900 would be a lot to pay for something of this questionable quality. On the other hand, Rubies has gotten away with it for years with the old Batman and Robin outfits, the Vader, the Stormie, and now this. They must be doing some kind of research that tells them this would "fly" -- blowup jet pack and all! :lol:

Look for them on eBay in a few months for half price, just like the Rubies TK. And wait for the "Help me make my Rubies BF suit better" threads to start popping up here around the same time....

I don't know, for a Halloween costume it's not all that bad, it's a whole lot better than their regular Halloween costumes...

IMHO, the problem is not to see that kind of Boba for Halloween, but is neccesary call it The Supreme Edition?

It's just a Halloween costume as it should be, not a ultrahiperhighsupreme costume design, and I'm sure it's not worth 900$...

But it's just my opinion.

:cheers

IMHO, the problem is not to see that kind of Boba for Halloween, but is neccesary call it The Supreme Edition?

Makes you wonder what the next set is called. Super Awesome Extreme Deathbiscuit Edition!!!

I love how companies use words to hype up their products. I guess if you know absolutely nothing about Fett you can call it supreme.

i guess special edition is copyrighted lmao or its that marketing thing they're doing were they call it supreme edition so later its referred to as SE fett, tricky lil ones aint they?

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes you wonder what the next set is called. Super Awesome Extreme Deathbiscuit Edition!!!

I love how companies use words to hype up their products. I guess if you know absolutely nothing about Fett you can call it supreme.

Yes!!! The deathbiscut edition!!! I've been waiting for that forever!!! When is it going to be released??? :lol:lol::lol:...:wacko...:lol:

Bets on how long it takes before someone applies for the Legion with one of these... with my luck it will be in my garrison!

No, with your look they'll get in. ;-) jk.

That thing is pretty bad per our standards here at TDH, but truthfully, it would be pretty convincing for anyone who just wanted to go "Hey I want to be Boba Fett" this year and didn't know just how accurate one can get with a little (okay a lot) work.

Heck I wouldn't have known one could do any better six months ago.

Even so, it's insanely overpriced. I wouldn't have paid that. lol

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back