New Rubies Supreme Boba Fett Costume

Not if the rest of us are reduced to wearing these cuz of this!

http://techgeekmalaysia.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/chewbacca-slippers1.jpg

:angry

chewbacca-slippers1.jpg

Ok, when I first read GCN's post of pp sent! I rolled on the floor laughing..... I wonder how long it will take before we start seeing what the parts are made from.

That cod piece looks like a cod bikini!

Oh man....and I was buying Boba Maker and Man of War stuff...and making my own parts!!? when i could have just gotten this! It would have eliminated all the hard work and waiting.....DANG!

I'm not to sure what my reaction is going to be if I see a person in this at a con... Would I be like "yeah man... nice suit" or *facepalm*? heh

El1te

Untitled.jpg

Is it just me, or is that a really not-so-dark-tinted visor, and does the guy who's wearing it have his nose smashed up against the front of the visor???:wacko

I wonder if the jet pack is the blow up one............

I actually saw the Jango one at a costume store last week and thought about how nice that air filled one would feel on my back when trooping, as opposed to my "real one" which makes me sore after a few hours.:lol:

Untitled.jpg

Is it just me, or is that a really not-so-dark-tinted visor, and does the guy who's wearing it have his nose smashed up against the front of the visor???:wacko

Darn, A'den beat me to the big nose pic.

But seriously, I'm gonna keep this pic as a reference pic....... for what NOT TO DO :p

Hm? I wonder if they meant to make the model showing off the costume look more screen accurate by leaving the right gauntlet shells open ? :lol:

Nah. Coincidence I say !

BTW - this new pic you posted really shows for sure - THE BOOTS ARE PHOTOSHOPPED !!! :lol:

FP

If we know rubies the production pictures never show what you'll really get when you open the box.

I knocked this before....but then again, there are 501st costumes approved that this honestly looks better than. There was a thread awhile ago about costume checks and how some consider it unfair that the legion now scrutinizes detail...when costumes that are garbage were approved years ago and got away with it.

obviously, this won't be accepted without modification. depending on how it turns out, some of it could be salvaged, just like people have managed to salvage the Vader supreme or TK rubies.

i feel like the jet pack might be saved from the rubies costume, maybe even the gauntlets and helmet for some people.

we'll just have to see how it is when it turns out.

yes, it is ridiculous that the tag is $900....but we all know that a costume company that mass produces something will lack quality....just as even a prop company that mass produces will have some defects in quality...

the MR fett helmet is great with a few mods...many people still don't like it but it can be done.

that being said...i really just would like to see what happens when this hits the shelves...it will be different...i just don't know in which ways and if for better or worse

I was going to post that too :lol:
Now my question is, does this costume look as bad for us (Fett fans) as the Rubies Vader looks for Vader fans? Or the Rubies Boba is worst?

Calling all vader fans: DOES the rubies Vader look as bad as that...thing...posted above?

Photoshopped boots...and a poor quality editing job at that!

Yipes.

I think for a non-serious fan that would be a great halloween costume... however, no one that isnt a serious fan would be willing to pay anything close 900 bucks for a halloween costume... so *shrug* I dont know what to say.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back