the evolution of my Boba Fett suit- Pic heavy

sithlord23

Well-Known Hunter
Hi all. Going thru some old boxes today and found the very first version of my Fett costume. Got me to thinking about doing an "evolution of" thread. I've seen other members start similar topics and I always love seeing peoples costumes go thru changes/upgrades. And it's neat to see where/why you started it in the first place. Plus, my Fett suit has definitely gone thru some versions over the last 6-7 years.

So here goes-

Version 1-('01-02) Had a DP95 helmet and always thought a Fett costume would be sweet, but probably untainable. Down the road I decide to try Boba Fett for Halloween project. -All scratchbuilt/found parts beside the helmet/ammo belt. Built the gauntlets, armor- Carboard, sheet aluminum.
-Glanced at reference pics, but not capturing anything accurate. Was for fun.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Version 2-('02-03) Had the bug from the first attempt at my Fett costume. Started researching on Google. Found my way to TDH, started me down a path that would forever change me(and my wallet).
-Also found the 501st and had been accepted with version 2.
-Still had the DP95, new armor(sintra) from Ebay. Modified jumpsuit. Bought inexpensive ammo belt, found Jango gauntlets on TDH, modified them.;) Bought jet pack on Ebay. Modified shoes.

4.jpg

3.jpg

Version 3-('04) Upgrades a plenty! Get an MLC bucket, MLC v1 armor, New ROTJ gauntlets, and JW boots(which I still use, cuz their the best!)
-Finally start looking at doing accurate weathering and paint.

6.jpg

5.jpg

Version 4-('05-06) Big change! I go the ESB route with my next round of upgrades. Repaint helmet, new armor, scratchbuild ESB blaster(bought greeblies), new jumpsuit, MOW gauntlets, new scratch made gloves, new cape, new braids, new ammo pouches.

8.jpg

7.jpg

Version 5-('07) Upgrade on the bucket. I go Sgt Fang. Very pleased with more accurate size. And MLC v2 jet pack. New paint all around for both of these. Pleased with the way they turned out. Bobamaker jumpsuit.

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

Version 6-('08-09-current) Upgrades on newer MOW gauntlets(v2). Aluminum flame thrower. New 99centTaco ammo belt. New paint updates. Fitted jumpsuit better. Updated greeblies on blaster. New chest lights.

16.jpg

15.jpg

14.jpg

13.jpg

12.jpg

And that about does it for now. Version 7 is in the works! New more accurate harness from FettDad, jet pack hooks and some other goodies cookin' up.

Thanks for looking! And thank you TDH for the wealth of knowledge here and all the talented members. :cheers

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 397
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 405
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 219
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 362
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 223
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 269
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 220
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 257
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 306
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 211
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 206
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 326
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 203
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 268
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 219
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 228
is that your clone ,or normal birth little fett:lol: ha ha ha jk dude .love this thread wish they made more , oh and great looking fett i like the fang to

what an awesome transformation, brother!! who did your harness by the way, that sucka is sweet!!! ;) awesome Fett, great job!! cool thread too...:cheers

Absolutely amazing progression. Great example of "it's not going to be 100% first try but if you stick with it you'll get there". Loved the pics of the wookie and you dressing down the TK!

Thanks for posting this. It's really nice to see the progression. It's rare to see someone stick with the hobby this long. Great helmet, great weathering all around. Looking forward to seeing the next round of upgrades.

Very cool to see and congrats on sticking with it so long! I think this is a good yardstick for measuring the effects of a lot of people who have contributed in a positive way to this hobby!

Thanks for the comments everyone. Much appreciated. Thought this would be a fun thread. Glad you guys like it.

I owe much to this boards many talented members with their contributions to the hobby.

TehEl1te- I went from ROTJ to ESB, just for a change. I always gravitated toward the ESB colors a little more.

Thanks again TDH and thanks for lookin'!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back