YODA RETURNS TO DAGOBAH!! -see post #79 5-10-09

I like this Yoda exactly like the first time i saw it in the movie, sweet in funny....and who can tell He is the Master of all jedi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys.

yoda_hygiene.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is the funniest thing I've seen in a a long time :lol:

Great work as always Gino (y)

FP

yoda_hygiene.gif

Thanks!
Glad you guys get my sense of humor.
I might be doing another one of these pretty soon.

After dragging my feet for long enough, I finally brought myself last night to dive in and get his hair punched.
I popped in ESB (for as much inspiration as reference) and went to town on him. ESB turned into ROTJ as it took about 5 hrs or so to complete.

I had never punched hair before. This was my first time. I started out slow but got much faster by the end. I could do it a lot quicker if I had to do it over again.

I'm happy with the way he turned out. He's starting to look more and more like the ESB puppet with every new step.

Next will be weathering the robes.
The stuff left after that are the teeth, nails, flute and cane.

Hope you like him.

yoda_hair_1.JPG

yoda_hair_2.JPG

yoda_hair_3.JPG

yoda_hair_4.JPG

yoda_hair_5.JPG

my god... its so beautiful, but creepy at the same time.

great job on the Hair. what do you plan on doing with the little green fella after he is done? train some jedi?

Thanks.
Either releasing him into the wilderness, or sitting on one of my display shelves.

Outstanding job! Looks like he popped right off the screen. Can you pull off the voice?

Here's another one.
I used this pic to replace the old yoda splash on the front page of SWP.

yoda_hair_6.JPG

(y) wow Yoda looks so much better with hair, He looks funny as a little green bald dude:D

GREAT WORK, as mentioned before. Your Yoda looks just like the screen used one(y) Jealous I am Yes:D

Thanks.
I totally agree.
After seeing at him with hair, it does look weird when you go back and look at him bald.
Same when I go back and look at him pre-paint.

I wonder if seeing him with weathered robes and nails will give a similar effect. Probably not as much as the hair did.

Getting closer to the end.
I managed to get the robes distressed. He looks like he climbed out of the sewer, or swamp I guess.

Next will be the nails, then finally the teeth for the final.

Let me know what you think.

yoda_robe_1.JPG

yoda_robe_2.JPG

yoda_robe_3.JPG

yoda_robe_4.JPG

They sell Q-Tips on Dagobah?

This is a fantastic Yoda. Really captures the subtle expressions and attitudes of the real deal.

The distressed robes, puts a great dirty but not to dirty look to him. Fantastic job.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back