New Boba ammo pouch, finished and ready!

Just to clarify things....that picture I just posted is from the Behind the Magic CD, of the actual costume. I know it's easy to mistake them with the pouches I made... :lol: ;)

SC,....I see what you mean.I've not noticed it in any ESB screen shots,but that last pre-pro suit definitely shares many "sames" as the ESB suit ie.,jumpsuit,gauntlet whipcord,so it would be very plausible to share the belt.I certaintly can't disagree with that at this point :) Thanks for pointing that out as there's always something to miss on a Fett suit ;)

Steve

ESB_belt_01.jpg

Just another option for y'all ;)

well im almost done...ill post some pics or a link tomorrow so i can get some critisism on my venture.

Belt_end.JPG

heres a shot of the belt end + grommets

Belt_most.JPG

one of the belt laying flat

Belt_full.JPG

one of the whole belt

Pouch_close.JPG

and one of a pouch.
i have yet to paint the buttons and beat 'em up a little. but thats my first shot at a belt. i read up on these here forums.....looked at all the dimensions everyone had; looked at some reference photos and VIOLA! For the pouch innards i used foam core board cut up and layered together then i wrapped the foam part that was showing with paper(my first attempt at glueing kinda melted my first pouch). glued on sides; glued on the wrapping and slid them onto the belt. the belt is held together with some hidden velcro and the pouches can slide freely. i went with the 7 instead of 8 because of what i saw in all th Empire pics. thats about it; fire away!

*edit: the first pics were waaaaaaaay to big!*

I'm not sure about the snaps on the outside Stemm...I'm pretty sure all snaps were on the underside of the pouches (although I do seem to recall seeing a pic somewhere that had one pouch with an exterior snap).

Looking good though!

And yes, it looks like the belt possibilities are near endless :)

THAT was the ESB pic that I was making reference to when I said that the stitching didn't look like it had 4 rows all the way around.Are other's seeing what I'm seeing?????? I feel confusion getting started again.........

Basically I think most of us are going to want the belt in "THAT" pic for ESB,or the MOM belt so I wouldn't worry about keeping track of the multiple variations SC unless someone had a specific costume they were doing. :)

Steve

There appears to be three different belts on the AoSW, MoM, and Empire suit in regard to the rear fastening area. Part of what we may be seeing with the stitching is that the belt can rotate and move around a bit (remember the pouches slide on the belt), and that could be causing confusion in regard to where and how much stiching appears on the belt.

I would definitely agree with DL44. Research the particular details of the belt you'd like to use with your suit, be it the MoM, AoSw, Empire belts...

DL44 Blaster wrote:

THAT was the ESB pic that I was making reference to when I said that the stitching didn't look like it had 4 rows all the way around.Are other's seeing what I'm seeing?????? I feel confusion getting started again.........

Basically I think most of us are going to want the belt in "THAT" pic for ESB,or the MOM belt so I wouldn't worry about keeping track of the multiple variations SC unless someone had a specific costume they were doing. :)

Steve

For a minute,so did I :lol: I have to admit that seeing another one in vinyl really gives a look of authenticity that I've yet to see in a Fett belt/ammo.pouches.I've owned/own 2 leather ones,and while it looks fantastic,the vinyl just looks more authentic.:) I guess that's good since vinyl is cheaper than leather ;)

Steve

Alright guys, I think that I may finally have the stitching issue well under control!
Take a look at the 3 examples below, and let me know what you think! There's only one example in vinyl, but check out the leather piece! I'm pretty confident that you'll all like stitch "B", on the leather! ;)
stitching.jpg

Well, you know how I feel a picture is worth a thousand words....so here's another picture, using "stitch B". I should have weathered the leather before I stitched it, because it started to rip the thread apart. But a little weathering over the stitch will keep it from being so white, and will make it look a little more "used".
stitching1.jpg

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back