"It\'s not easy being green"* Colors are now here ****

Rogue Studios wrote:

Hey is anyone going to post any helmets?

Mine are up here

I still don't really like the red color I have. I can't seem to find one that I really like. The model masters rust is to brown, everything else is to red or to pink. I'm going to try burnt siena later this week and see how that looks. I though I had it with the british crimson but it has to much of a pink hue to it

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep'em coming. I also have had a time with the Reds but rest assured it's in the Floquil/Polly S line of colors. I have been trying others and I haven't nailed it down but I'm close that's why I was hessitant to say for sure that is it but the green is the deal no doubt. The inside cheeks colors have been tough too but I may have those as well...lets wait and see how Chris King's helmet photographs.

I'm really glad people are posting pictures I love looking at them.

Lee

It was brought to my attention that no one could see my link to my helmet pictures. I think I fixed it. Could someone please look and let me know?

Thanks.

webchief wrote:

It was brought to my attention that no one could see my link to my helmet pictures. I think I fixed it. Could someone please look and let me know?

Thanks.

with yahoo it gets to be a pain. Make sure you're not trying to link to the full sized picture and make sure the folder is open to everyone. Otherwise yahoo will say there was an error.

Doug

Hey the Panzer red brown sounds good but it's a definite no hit it looks like a cup of Starbucks with lots of creamer. Be careful using the online colors charts they are ok for a basic check but they are waaay different in real life.

Lee

Rogue Studios wrote:

Hey the Panzer red brown sounds good but it's a definite no hit it looks like a cup of Starbucks with lots of creamer. Be careful using the online colors charts they are ok for a basic check but they are waaay different in real life.

Lee

bummer. I saw that on the chart and got a little excited because it's something I haven't seen at my hobby shop. I'll keep hoping I guess

Hey how do you think I found out what it looked like? from the color chart LOL so I was saving you a few bucks..also Tyler D thought it was a hit. We were sad to say the least.

Lee M.

well, when you find a good red for us let us know. I know that's the one thing on the helmet I'm still not vert happy with on mine. And it's also the right color for the rotj gauntlets which I'm in the process of trying to upgrade also.

Doug

Yup, we were totally bummed about the red-brown. I thought it was sure hit given that it was a German military color, listed with Panzer Olive Grun, and it looked good on the online chart.

RS ordered the paint only find out it was just as he said-- a starbucks thunder latte. Take the online charts with a grain salt!

Here's mine so far. It's the Olivegrun, Rust, and Weathered Black(Floquil) colors from Lee. The back is Imperial Japanese Navy Green, and ears are Panzer Dunklegleb and Spruce Green(Rustoleum) LMK what y'all think

Ryan
colorall4.jpg

Ugh... ok, please try the link NOW! Its finally set to PUBLIC. Stupid Yahoo! :lol:

By the way, Boba Phat, that's looking good. Can't wait to see it weathered. That's when the "magic" happens.

Looking good, Boba Phatt. Webchief is absolutely correct about the weathering totally transforming the bucket.

I'm not feeling the Japanese Imperial Green, though. It is far too green to be the ESB rear color. Need something that is a bluish/greenish color.

Can we be 100% sure that none of these were custom mixed colors? I hate to ask but the "visor area" red is such a pain in the butt to figure out.....

Geoff

Not really, Geoff. RS got some inside info from a prominent ESB model builder that going custom mixed you'll never get the colors right. Now of course, we take this information at face value. If it's right, what a relief. If it's not, back to the drawing boards.

However, the Panzer Olive Grun is dead on the ESB color. And there have been several other "in the bottle" colors that are very close to the real deal leading me to believe the majority of the suit was painted with "out of the bottle colors." The other factor to consider, besides the chance that some colors might be mixed, is the weathering process applied to the colors making them seem quite different than they do "au' natural." If you look very closely at the ESB helmet red, you'll see what appear to be untainted spots of paint, i.e. missed by weathering. I have to agree that the visor is one tough cookie. RS and I have been working our way down the paint charts looking for it.

yeah, I know how that goes. I haven't been through as many different colors as you guys have I'm sure. I am anxiously awaiting you guys to hit those colors though. Guess my helmet will get another round of fresh paint when you guys give us the next reveals!

Doug

Could someone at least confirm for me whether or not they can view my pictures? I'd appreciate it...

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back