what makes the best visor?

I have Shade 3 and Shade 5 for my stormtrooper. Shade 5 are for outdoor events, shade 3 indoor. If you have shade 5 indoor, you can't see a thing in front of you.

I did an indoor event yesterday with my shade #5... it looked ok to me... once my eyes were adjusted it was fine... I have thought about getting a shade #3 along with my #5 and just taking the chicago screws out and switching them for different events.

I've been using shade 5 since I started costuming. Try to stay away from the ugly hunter green shade. Go with the more olive green.

With shade 5, your eyes will adjust easily. I never had a problem.

POLYCARBONATE
Optical-grade .060” thick polycarbonate from extruded sheets or injection molded resin provides superior secondary impact protection and increased scratch resistance Available molded or flat Clear, IR/UV 3.0, IR/UV 5.0
Shade IR/UV 5.0

I believe the movie accurate one is smoked acrylic, but for helmet making purposes, the welding shields work better... I think both are considered canon though.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back