A quick hat tip to the TDH . . .

Hotshot

Active Hunter
As most of us know, my two stunt blaster threads were not pleasent experiences . . .for myself or those who sent money.

Now it's no secret to those who've been around the entire prop community, that I've had my fair share of bad FS threads. Some have ended in bannings, all-be-it wrongful bannings.

It's also no secret I've had my fair share of good ones. Some of those have ended in contact from the orginal prop maker saying 'NICCCEE!'

I found over the years that a solid judge of a forum is how it handles a bad thread, be it trolling, hazing, feedback, yadda, yadda, yadda.

In the past, I've been part of forums that would grab their digital pitchforks and torches and run you out on a rail.

Others would sit by like old men on a porch watching a tornado roll in. "Hmm . .storms a-comin' . . . "

This forum showed it's true colors as I tried and tried again to get a decent product made. Usually, the words 'recall' and 'learning curve' shouldn't be a part of any post in a FS thread. And even so, the support, patience and kindnesses poured in. Everytime I've had something go wrong in this hobby, I'm usually further bogged down by negativity and people harassing me via PM, or just outright yanking their money outta Paypal. But here, I'd get PMs, phone calls, and even a few personal visits that ALWAYS ended with pats on the back, firm handshakes, or a freshly cracked open beer. It seemed that even the silent customers were offering a kind of nervous trust.

I've never been happier to screw something up. It enabled me to finally see clearly that my chosen hobby was the correct one, and that the forums I visit are the best places to be.

Thanks to my customers, the mods, and to anyone who was kind enough to stay in touch over the course of those threads who offered support in any form.

A special thanks goes out to Stormrider and IrishJedi for keeping me on track and keeping it honest.

Another goes out to IonCannon, who gave me the last little bit of inspriration, all-be-it unintentionally, when I saw him in full ROTJ gear at NYCC holding one of my blasters. It gave me a bigger shiver than seeing the Empire State Building for the first time.

Thanks again TDH, and as I take a short, though well deserved step back from prop selling, I assure you, I will not be absent, and hope to take another swing at all this in the future!

Heck . . .I've got a helmet to finish!!

:cheers

I just bought one of your blasters through a member here when they was selling theirs. I think it's a great thing. I LOVE the fact that I cannot break this prop, as I have a habit of unintentionally breaking stuff. Just thought you'd like to know.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back