Gauntlet conversion project

Cruzer

Well-Known Hunter
Hi everyone. This is a personal project I dropped soon after beginning it almost a year ago after releasing my Jango gauntlets. I decided to revist this project after a few friends recently expressed needs for Boba gauntlets. Initially I only intended to convert the top shells to use with my Jango bottom shells, but eventually decided to do the bottom shells when I saw a few differences in the bottom left shell that I couldn't let by me. My thought is that the closure system will be two hidden hinge & pin closures on the inside walls of each gauntlet. So basically the shells will have to be clamped onto the arm. If that's too much work, an exposed hinge on one side could also work.

I'm constructing the shells so they can be used for either ESB or ROTJ, as one of my friends is doing ROTJ and the other hasn't decided. The calc pad is BM's and is only being used for sizing as that area will be left empty when molded. I know I still need to add the rectangular block on the top of the right gauntlet. Other than that, any constructive criticism would be much appreciated.(y)

Thanks,:cheers
Cruzer

DSC02499.JPG

DSC02500.JPG

DSC02501.JPG

DSC02504.JPG

DSC02512.JPG

DSC02515.JPG

DSC02518.JPG

DSC02519.JPG

DSC02521.JPG

DSC02534.JPG

DSC02531.JPG

DSC02532.JPG

DSC02536.JPG

DSC02540.JPG

DSC02538.JPG

DSC02537.JPG

DSC02541.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
You're doing an impressive work as always Cruzer, but Ithat's what I'm seeing:

attachment.php

Hope that helps and I'm sorry for the 100 colours I have used on the pic :D

DSC02536.JPG

Nice work Cruzer. Here's a couple details you may already know about, but just in case.

gauntgv2.jpg

...Hope that helps and I'm sorry for the 100 colours I have used on the pic :D
Thanks for pointing that front part out to me, as I completely missed it. I think the problem with the other area is the sides need to be raised so that center area for the dental expander is recessed more. Thanks for catching those areas, the colors were helpful too.(y)

about time!!!!! :cheers
Yes it is. I'm only making the shells...I'll let you make the flamethrower.:p Think JB will let you make some vac pulled flamethrowers at the shop?;)

Thanks guys for the feedback. I'll work on those changes this weekend in between resin drying and what not. I know these gauntlets will never come close to the quality and level of accuracy of those made by the great makers here (i.e. BM, FP, MOW), but mine are only meant to be "stand-ins" until my buddies can upgrade to gauntlets made by those awesome makers mentioned!(y)

Thanks,
Cruzer

You're too modest. You do really great work each time. Great attention to detail and quality materials.

Also, this corner detail at the dart holders seems to be rounded on your gauntlet and squared in the original.(y)

13.jpg

Thanks guys, and thanks MOW. I only wish I had the clay-work skills like you and BM. These are actually solid resin pulls from my Jango gauntlet molds. They were made about a year ago of the feather lite resin from Smooth-On, which is very easily sanded/carved...almost to the point of being too soft at times. The bottom areas replicated the clay I had to used to clay up my Jango gauntlets when I molded them.

...Also, this corner detail at the dart holders seems to be rounded on your gauntlet and squared in the original.(y)

13.jpg
Thanks bro, I'm assuming your pics are of ESB, and is it just me or do the corners and edges look sharper than on the ROTJ gauntlets. All I have are the ref. cd. pics for ROTJ where the corners all look soft.:confused

Ok, here they are after a few of the suggested modifications. I did soften the details a tad on the lower shells to give them that "vac-formed" look. I kept off any details that weren't on both the ROTJ and ESB, because I figure they can be a glue-on application depending on which version is desired.

I think I'm done with them if there aren't any more suggestions. Please let me know.(y)

Thanks,
Cruzer

DSC02558.JPG

DSC02557.JPG

DSC02552.JPG

DSC02546.JPG

DSC02547.JPG

Thanks guys. I did a little work on them this weekend, and corrected the back area to look more like Boba and less like Jango. The ref. pic is borrowed from the ref. cd.

Let me know if there are any other problem areas.

Thanks again!(y)

DSC02570.JPG

DSC02572.JPG

DSC02573.JPG

DSC02574.JPG

LEFT GAUNTLET 02.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back