Your great TDH moments

TDH is a great place to meet, it is my daily dose of BOBA FETT :D

Here are my favorite moments:

#1 - 2006 - I was building my ESB Fett costume, and at a con in the Netherlands (DutchStarCon) where I asked a guy in a ROTJ-Fett costume about some sources and details, we´ve found out that we both are TDH-members --> it was RICK aka RBF

#2 - 2007 - my 1rst appearance in my ESB-Fett during a FanFilm-shoot in the mountains at 3200m height and -15° --> horrible but I won´t forget these days

#3 - 2007 - C4 - the whole con and the TDH-dinner where I was able to meet all the guys like Seeker, Evan4218, SpideyFett, GBH, TexasFett, DarthMiller, GCNGAMER128 and lots of other cool guys --> really fun and a time I´ll never forget !!!!!

TDH rocks !!!!

1000 thanks to the forefathers who´ve founded this place !!!

:cheers

Best wishes from Germany,

Florian

Well, I'm gonna have to go with the JB Project last spring.
When I first heard the story from Alex (Spidey) about Jeremy wanting his own Boba costume, and having some TDHers getting together to make it happen, I thought that was pretty amazing. I was asked to help do some painting for the project and that really floored me.
I've been such a Star Wars fan for years, and was so happy to have found a site like TDH to fan the flames of my obsession :lol:, but I never thought I'd be able to contribute to something like this project.
The best part was being able to go to Dallas for the presentation of the suit to Jeremy Bulloch. Big thanks to Jimmy BufFETT and Firstsonofsolo for making room for me in the car!! And to Evan4218 and his wife for giving us all a place to crash for a couple of nights. (y)
There were so many "geek moments" that weekend. . . after a 15 hour ride it all felt like a blur. The night we got to Dallas we met up with a lot of TDHers for dinner, and it was so great to be able to talk face-to-face with so many folks I had talked to through the board. Meeting folks like Spidey and Darthmiller and getting to talk at great length about painting techniques. . . meeting FettPride and getting to tell him in person how much his helmet kit ROCKS!. . . getting a cool leather keychain from 99centTaco (free stuff! :)), and just being around that many SW fans was a great time.
The day of the presentation was something I'll never forget. Seeing that crowd and listening to the guys describe the project, then hearing the crowd's reaction and seeing the look on Jeremy's face when the completed suit was unveiled was amazing.
Afterwards, being invited to the workshop of the incredibly gracious Mr. Wise for dinner and the photoshoot was the pinnacle of the weekend. I remember a lot of us working frantically to make some final tweaks to the costume before the photoshoot. One of the funniest memories was going back and forth with Chris sharing the only Dremel in the workshop. :lol:
I remember thinking at the time that what we were doing was probably kinda similar to what it might have been like behind the scenes on a movie set, and that it was probably the closest I'd ever come to an experience like that. When Jeremy came out with the costume on, it was just surreal! I mean, he. . . WAS. . . Boba. . . Fett. The photoshoot was fantastic (Art, you didn't seem nervous at all!) and it was a memorable event for everyone.
All of that, thanks to TDH! :cheers :love

I *still* haven't had a chance to meet JB yet. Work just canceled my trip to ShevaCon :( but I'll keep trying! TDH has done a WHOLE lot for me though. Honestly, I never thought I could build a Boba suit when I first got into costuming. TDH created my Boba. It really did. I just put it together. ;) There are two moments that really stand out to me in all the times I've worn the armor: 1> Disney Star Wars Weekends. I got to march as Boba. In front of lord knows how many screaming people. It was awesome. 2> one thing tops SWW; I've always been jealous of Vader (I'm man enough to admit that) cause of the attention he gets at events. The third or fourth time I was trooping as Boba, this crowd of kids with a camera comes up to all the troops. Vader steps up and says "do you guys want a picture with me?" They all looked at him, and said "no, we want BOBA! he's the best!"

The suit paid for itself right then and there. And TDH helped make that happen.

Thanks to all you guys!

Charlie

I do not post on here a lot, but I check in here 7 days a week. This is by far my favorite online place to hang out. I have learned a ton from this place and achieved my childhood dream of making a screen quality Boba suit. (y) I could not have done it without all of the research, pictures, and knoweledge that has been so graciously offered by this collective family. I have witnessed all of your achievements and felt your pains. I have seen random acts of kindness that is rarely seen. People here have dug deep and donated money, props, and their time to help fellow members in their time of need. I have seen others replace props that were lost or from deals that were not their own that went sour. I am proud to be among you. (y)

I wish I had the money to travel so I could meet more of you guys at the various conventions and celebrations. Maybe someday. In the meantime, I will be here tossing in my proverbial 2 cents from time to time. Peace!

Jason :cheers

The greatest memory for me would be Celebration IV. Getting to meet everyone and putting faces to names. Rooming with guys from the board that I had never met in person was a fantastic experience that I will remember forever (I just realized I still have Justin's number in my phone :lol: )

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back