Is there interest? Budget Fett Flak Vest

DarthCarcinus

Jr Hunter
***********************EDIT*****************************
Ok guys, I hate to have to do this. But the shipping on the budget fett vests are killing me.
The new price for the vests is 65.00 shipped in the US. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. The post office rates are ridiculous.

**********NOTE*************

If I you have sent a PM to me and received a quote, that quote still stands as is. This is for new orders effective Friday, August 28, 2009

Guys, I was talking to my wife (LadySewforus), and she suggested that I do a run of vests for people on a budget. I have been sewing at the right hand of the lady for a while now. My skills are not necessarily up to par with hers but I can do vests. So… This brings me to my question. What would be the interest in a short run of tackle twill vest for 50.00 shipped in the US?
:cheers

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Since these will be my first vests sewn by me, I don't have any pictures as of yet. But I will be ripping off Ladysewforus for her patterns and materials. I may even borrow her sewing machine if I'm good lol:lol:.

I can post a picture of my wife's vests , she charges 75.00 plus shipping. If you want to wait, I'll post a picture after I've done my 1st one.
:cheers

Sure. Here you go
eaglegreytackletwillflakvest001.jpg

:eek: Hey, I recognize that...... :lol:

Yes, Mr. Sewforus is in training. I will not be sewing these, but
I will be able to give tricks of the trade to DC as he goes.

I am hopeful this will help out a bit here at TDH, by this "budget fett" run,
and this will bring more sewing hands here to help out.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I personally can't seam to keep up with my order requests.

Cheers Baby!

I can't speak for everyone else, but I personally can't seam to keep up with my order requests.

That was a good one Deb. :lol:

I will personally vouch for any products coming out of the LadySewForUs camp, no matter who is producing the piece from their group. The work is top notch every time, the detail is awesome, and the customer service is first rate!

Great deal, jump on it now everyone. (y)

Thanks Clonecollector

Start of the list
1. Gee2 (order date 2/18/2009) Completed 3/1/09 Awaiting shipping
2. cr4nky (Order Date: 2/20/2009) In progress
2. Heat Shock (Interest: Payment Pending)

I've seen some of these made of regular cotton and others are made of this shiny material. Can anyone explain why this shiny material is used? I assumed that the regular cotton fabric would be preferred...is this more screen accurate or something?

Looks good though!

The shiny material is tackle twill which is the accurate material for the vest. With a little weathering the shine will be diminished enough to look perfect.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back