Those who have come before..

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
As our 7th year anniversary draws closer, and it comes to this time of year, I tend to think about how many new people we have here in our community who never had an opportunity to meet some of the people who helped build and strengthen the community they now enjoy. In this hobby, we all ride upon the shoulders of those who came before us in one way or another and I thought I would just take a moment to mention a few of those who made a pretty significant impact on TDH but who, for one reason or another, have moved on with their lives and are no longer active here at TDH. I applaud these guys and girls as well as all of those old timers who are still here for helping make this community what it is today.

TK1028 - Chris S. Chris named this community... as a joke. We were originally called "As You Wish" and he threw out "the dented helmet" in exasperation when we couldn't find an appropriate name, and it stuck. Chris also helped support a lot of the inital groundwork and rules for TDH.

Dustincropsboy - Dallas P - Dallas created the initial look and feel of TDH and while it has changed over the years, his influence has never left. He also helped make TDH a known entity with tons of swag, from shirts, to calendars, to hand puppets. He also created TDH's first logo, a Charlie's angels inspired silhoette featuring Jango, Boba and Zam. Dallas also flew all the way to Australia where the Zam costume was first displayed at an exhibit to take some amazing reference for Zam fans.

Pricess Nikidala/M-pire - Niki B/Cliff W - These two gave us a home, a software platform, and technical support when we had none. TDH was originally an EZ-Board group, plagued with popups, popunders, and pop-sideways... They moved us off that platform and onto something new and more stable. They helped us shift from a fly-by-night operation to a legitimate entity.

Hammerhead - Andy J - Andy was one of our early moderators who took the best reference we had to date at Celebration two and made it available for all who wanted it.

Bobafettish - Chris C - Chris was another of our early moderators, who really helped set the tone for TDH as a forum that did not put up with rulebreakers. Chris read EVERY post for years and also set a gold standard with his Boba Fett costume, that was the pinnacle of accuracy for a long, long time.

Tylerdurden - Dan C - While Dan does poke his head in here from time to time, he is here so rarely that I thought I would include him. In regard to infrastructure, there has been no other individual who has given more to TDH. I can't even begin to tell you how many hours and how many late nights Dan spent creating the underpinning for the board we all know and love today.

Rogue Studios - Lee M - Like Dan, Lee is still around, but so little that I wanted to include him. Lee set a new standard in paint for the Fett helmet that issued in a new era of painting accuracy. He really helped raise the bar and went on to paint the prototype masters for the MR Fett helmet. Lee has also been involved in tons of other research that has netted some major discoveries for TDH.

Boba Goat - Jason G - Jason was the life of the party and really helped to establish the community feel that is somewhat unique to TDH and present to this day. He was a blast to be around and absolutely unforgettable.

Secolfett - Like Bobagoat, Secol really helped create a community and family atmosphere here at TDH and then, one day, out of the blue, he stunned us all by positively IDing the cheek greeblie as a borden connector!

Natty15d - Nathan D - Nathan set a new standard for helmets with his MSH1 and really helped set off a revolution. Not only that, but along with Chris King, he took some of the first extensive photos at the AoSW exhibit of the ESB hero helmet that everyone loves.

These are but a few of the giants upon whose backs we stand. I raise a glass to them and thank them for all they have done for us and while their deeds mostly go unsung, here is one small thread to acknowledge their efforts and to show them appreciation.

If you can think of anyone who at one time made a significant contribution to this board but is no longer here, please feel free to add them here.

Last edited:
Here here, thank you all for your hard work and efforts to make this one of the leading forums on costuming and prop making. Thanks also to Art for the work you do.

Thanks to all those TDH pioneers! I feel bad that I don't recognize a couple of those names. . .
Here's to many more years of TDH! :cheers

I drink to you all!

Actually though, I'll drink to just about anything... :lol:

Seriously though. I know what a thankless job this can be. I for one really appreciate all of you have done to hold this board together through good times and bad. Can't imagine getting home from a hard day of work, and then working on this all night. Labor of love...

...and hats off to you Art for mentioning all of the folks who's sweat, tears, and yes, blood went into the board.

Nanos gigantum humeris insidentes.

This is the sort of site that you cant take for granted, if it wasnt for this place not forgetting Jon aka Ronin677 :lol: i would not of been able to even know where to start on my fett project.

So cheers to all of you guys and gals :cheers old and new.

Thanks

Steve

Very cool, alot of people I didn't know about. It's nice to know who all helped build the place I spend alot of my time on. I'll definitely drink to them :cheers

A truly special place to be, and a friendly atmosphere that you don't find on other boards. After a nasty experience while trying to get into the Vader scene (and getting seriously ripped by a vendor), I more than ever realized this to be true.

I haven't made many posts during my time here, but sometimes just reading a thread is enough to put a smile on my face. In think you all know what I mean.

Thanks to all the pioneers!

Thank you to all of those that helped get TDH off the ground, and those of you who still help run/maintain/mod TDH today. Many of us would not be here without your work and dedication to the great place that TDH is.

I remember those days. Does not seem that long ago. I would like to say Thanks to Bobafettish. With him not living to far from me and helping me along my way. From helping me to put the armor on my vest to teaching what to try and look for as a Mod. To Goat for favorite line when we needed it most: "And that is why I feel lemon meringue is the greatest type of pie in the pie family!" There is one more person who really helped. I just can't remember that "Buddy's" name. :D

While we're recognizing contributions of early members/admins who may not be around as much, I gotta give shouts out to Trooper TK409. More than a few of us discovered TDH through TK409.com.

:cheers

Good call, Rich! Chris kinda falls into the same category as Lee and Dan, still here on the very rare occasion but mainly pursuing other interests. Chris has indeed steered more people to TDH than any other single person via his fantastic website!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back