How to socialize

Dark Jedi

Active Hunter
I've been in the real world now for a week and it is starting to hit me without the fraternity system I had in college I dont really have a social network or good way to meet new people anymore. So at the moment I have two questions for anyone who can answer.

1.) Has anyone heard of a group called "The North Alabama Science Fiction Association" and would it be worth my time checking them out?

2.) What are some good ways to meet other people who are interested in our "far, far away" world?

Building a suit is one thing. Finding people to show it off to, that's something else.

-DJ

hooking up with the 501st / rebel legion in your area is one way to meet people. you won't like all of them, but that's the case with any social group ;)

sometimes you have to diverge your interets star wars fine.. star wats roleplaying ( can help your performance in costume) star wars computer groups ( really inproves the star wars knowledge)

and mercs mandos as well as 501st are both great groups of people to have armor parties with. i am just guessing on mercs as we have none in my area

Another way to socialize with people who are interested in costuming is to go to some of the big name conventions. You're sure to find a lot of folks who are into costuming there.

I live in Huntsville and I can tell you that conventions are few and far between here. I see 501st guys at charity events at malls and department stores several times a year. Just keep an eye out. There is a pretty cool comic store called The Deep. They have events all the time. I have never heard of the North Alabama Science Fiction Association, so if you get more info on that let me know. Besides, if all else fails, I'm here! :cheers

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back