Michell Sweep arm parts breakdown

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
OK, so I have had some questions regarding the parts of the Michell sweep arm that are used for Fett and how they interact with one another on the sweep arm. So lets start with the complete sweep arm.

attachment.php

Now, I have stripped all the unused pieces and in the photos below show how the used pieces connect:

attachment.php

The rocket pack stabilizer is the base of the sweep arm. The upper collar of the stabilizer is loosened and a single wrist dart is inserted and then the collar is retightened. The boot spike is hollow and has a threaded hole in the side of it. It is screwed onto the wrist dart, but once the threads on the wrist dart pass the threaded wall of the toe spike, the spike falls down and simply pivots on the shaft of the wrist dart. The toe spike will turn 360 degrees and has a considerable bit of ability to pivot up and down. That is pretty much it.

In the photo below, you can see the head of the wrist dart inside the hollow toe spike.

attachment.php

michell_sweeparm_01.jpg

michell_sweeparm_02.jpg

michell_sweeparm_03.jpg

So does the wrist dart portion of the sweep arm assembly actually have threads at the cone end not just circular grooves? It looks like there are threads, but it is hard to tell.

Huh, thats really cool! :D I had no idea all of those parts were from a single entity. Is it still possible to get these sweep arms I wonder?

I know they come up on ebay.de now and again, a bit more infrequently on ebay.co.uk and very infrequently on ebay.com. I got the majority of mine through ebay.de and through the help of friends during the initial discovery process.

hi art, could you tell me how to get the rod off of the Toe Spike piece?

thanks

Pull it off.. but do it carefully!! try rotating it in the cone by using some pliers, but take care not to 'wiggle' the rod as this will deform the end of the cone (thinnest point of the piece.
it does come out, just be gentle... hope that helps.

Gav

Pull it off.. but do it carefully!! try rotating it in the cone by using some pliers, but take care not to 'wiggle' the rod as this will deform the end of the cone (thinnest point of the piece.
it does come out, just be gentle... hope that helps.

Gav

so Gav, the spike piece and the rod are threaded?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back