Sad Day!!! I bet everyone here can relate...

Im not stupid I know how trivial a bubble coming off is. But my friends and family gave it about 1 second of thought when I showed them what happened and it really got me down all weekend because I knew how fragile that particular figure was and it managed to stay unharmed for 10+ years. oh well I will glue it and go on..

Last edited by a moderator:
In times like this, I can understand a strong connection to items that link to your past.
It is more of a "sentimental" thing and less of a "material" thing. Certain things can
just trigger a moment of introspection. I can understand that. So I can say, I understand
the connection things can have to our heart strings. And I can also understand how if we take a good hard look, we can see our blessings.

All of it is a matter of perspective. Someone with no arm could say, that DL44 Blaster, is nothing compared to whatever loss they have. As he is said, ne knows it could be worse.
Anyway, I guess I am doing it again. blah blah blah

"I'd like to teach the world to sing... in perfect..............

oh geez

I love this place

LOL

I think it is important to be understanding and more opening minded Steve.
We do not know where he is "at". We are all in a different place. Sometimes one loss can trigger other feelings of past losts, or just be the straw that broke the camel's back, after many many other times of darkness.

We cannot assume that we know where Vadr is "at" or what he has been through. I cannot be bold enough to know either, but I can think of quite a few things that could have possibly happened to make this feel truly bad at the moment. We have all had these feelings. This is not an indication of a "lack" just a moment of weakness, and we all have them.

Just a thot..........

AND........ we are a family here and we just share, that is what we do.......

;)

Exactly my point. When I did this to myself I saw a close friend of mine on a gurney in the ER, whom after a few weeks after found out that he needs a new heart and is currently on a transplant list. He went in the same day I cut my hand for what he thought were symptoms of pneumonia and 6 weeks later was discharged on a transplant list after 2 surgeries: one to repair a hole in his aorta and another for bypass. And yes my empathy can only begin to imagine what he is going through and yet be thankful of my own condition.....to think that we were in the same place at the same time and to have such different injuries. Mine life changing and his potentially life ending.

vadr_ I don't think you're stupid..... I do however think that the thread is, in light of what I'm going through currently. Don't take offense to it, again,....I was just trying to shed some perspective on you, which is probably why your friends and family treated it as nothing.... because it is.:facepalm

Steve

DL44

Here's an idea. Create a thread of your own. Post comments about (IT) as you wish. Comments like this are IMHO...lame.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes. blaster missed the whole point of the thread. It was not to feel sorry for me, i'm not THAT sad but IT DID bring back awesome memories and I would like to keep it in the best possible condition. It was to get peoples thoughts of what to do with the figure if anything. "man he is a bigger buzzkill than Buzz Killington" -Peter Griffin

blaster, you are right, there are way worse situations on this planet than having a childhood nicknak break...like, oh, americans dieing for our freedom, comes to mind...

but you coming here, feeling sorry for yourself, and wanting others to do the same, is lame...terrible, terrible accident that happened to you...that sucks!!! but c'mon, not the point of the thread...i would so have posted in your thread titled "lost a finger" and totally been there for ya...i think Vader just was playing on the sympathy of the members here to see if someone could help him fix his figure...

Sorry buddy, I was just joking about the tree falling on my Brand new truck. I kinda think its funny, just my luck lol. I feel for you with your figure and I do think DL 44 was taking this to far. I just got jumped not to long ago and lost partial sight in my right eye but you dont see pics off my beaten face and eye up here giving you a hard time. I was just relating on how stuff happens and there's nothing you can do about it but laugh. But it can all be fixed at the end of the day. I still feel for you buddy, I still feel.

I know the majority of people here would understand and try to give helpful ideas to this thread, rather than post up pics and call this thread stupid. You've changed the whole purpose of this thread now. The TDH is supposed to be helpful and fun. Not this. I just have a low tolerance for Rude and pointless comments towards people that mean well with a thread.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back