Journeyman's ESB Jumpsuit w/ vest

thanks Bob :)

I'm making a definite effort to SLOW DOWN this time around and make sure that everything is done as best I can and to my satisfaction. I am determined that this suit will be, for the most part, the final deal. Barring any miraculous offers or discoveries I think I've made the effort to get the best of everything I can. Here's to hoping ;)

Thanks again,
Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a beautifull looking ESB sidearm JMP, Although I havent seen many of these, (been focusing on other parts,) yours is The best one i have seen! Keep up the awesome work!

Thanks everyone :) With the limited reference material (see: none) for this piece I'm very satisfied with using the Bespin security pistol, which many assume is the same base.

I used rusty primer color for the whole gun and handpainted acrylics for the details. Black and antique metallic gold. I think the rusty red and antique gold really contributed to the 'aged' look. I really like it. The colors remind me of the Rocketeer or something :)

Phil

Awesome work, JMP.

You weren't kidding when you said you liked weathering!

Looks great!

Si

I can't belive how awesome your gauntlets look JMP! If someone would have shown a pic like that around here a year ago, everyone would have mistaken it for a LFL prop! Astounding work bro! :)

Superb-looking gauntlet man!

I too am now thinking hard about
whether to go ESB or ROTJ. :confused

Thanks for the praise guys, it makes me feel like I'm doing something right here ;)

Although I can't express enough how great this kit is. They're truly works of art, all I did was rub charcoal dust on them lol ;)

Thanks again for looking,
Phil

Sweet lookin' work Phil!

I love the idea of the weathering behind the rocket too.

Did you do all your metal showing through topically?

Jer

Thanks Jer :)

Actually all of the weathering was applied or arranged just as it would realistically be. There's a chrome undercoat with green on top. I use an x-acto blade to scrap away areas. I use the rounded tip because it better hits the exposed areas and leaves recessed ones alone, I really like the look I get. In particularly shiny areas it's actually the white of the abs showing through. But unless you're up close it looks more like a shiny metal because the eye is tricked by the chrome (I think lol).

The black, sienna, and rust colors are applied topically and wiped. They accumulate in the exposed areas and it works great. I use a charcoal pencil and shave flecks off with an x-acto knife. I then rub it into the gauntlet. I think it can mostly come off with water if you screw up. Most of it... But once I seal it it'll be permanent. Much of the exposed chrome/silver on the flamethrower is topically applied though...

Phil

Great job Phil! I like the logic behind the weathering. Perfectomundo!!! Very good!!!

Helmet's off to ya!

(y) :cheers

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back