Show us your clone boots!

In the process of putting together a pair of clone boots for my shocktrooper.
They are work boots with a few add-ons but I'm not quite sure if they are up to the task?????
Would be grateful if people would post pics of their clone boots!

Before...

shoes1.jpg

After...

shoes11.jpg

Weathered...
weathered_legs1.jpg

Complete tutorial here.

Mike, love those boots man :D

Dougie - I know where u are going with this!
I know lots of UK troopers use the microfibre chukka shoe as a base, although its sole is wrong.

724814092007122951.jpg

I've investigated gettin a new sole put on these, and ahve got quotes like 15-20 quid.

I was thinking of poppin into Tesco to pick a shoes with that flat sole and gonna try to do a boot Mike style. Will post pics of the base shoe after I sneak off to Tesco ;P

Nate

Could someone post up the template for the Clone Boots details? I just picked up some white shoes from Wal-Mart for cheap, and I can't seem to find it on ct.n.

Here are Danny's.

After a couple of troops he ended up cutting off the whole top of the foam at the top edge of the shoe. And he took the front part that he cut off and glued it on the inside of the shin armor piece for padding . He has also weathered them very nicely.
22.jpg

23.jpg

They have held up great!

We are in the process of prototyping boots. It was near impossible to model the boots properly since they are never closely featured in any shots in the movies. It was a ton of trial and error but we think we are relatively close at this point.
boot02.jpg.jpg

boot01.jpg

boot01.jpg.jpg

Yeah, I agree they should be taller in real life. This model was to make it as accurate as possible. We still have some tweaking to do but I think it's mostly there. I notice that I left the cross bar out of the ankle buttons. Oops.

I don't believe those rectangles on the top of the foot should be recessed like that. The side view shows it as raised, with the rectangles with sharp corners rather than rounded off corners.

clonebootshg4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We are in the process of prototyping boots. It was near impossible to model the boots properly since they are never closely featured in any shots in the movies. It was a ton of trial and error but we think we are relatively close at this point.
John - you never fail to surpass my imagination. I can tell I am gonna be doing a lot of shopping with you mate!

3227806586_83ec45787c.png

3227808512_cdfb605c31.png

still need to do something to get rid of the black between the top of the shoe, and the bottom of my shin armor.. but its a start!!!

These are mine, they were a pretty quick and dirty job (15 mins per boot, made for about 5usd) they're more of test than anything, I'm planning on redoing them with thinner foam over the toes and sorting the bottoms out with flat soles when my armour kit arrives, also missing the ankle disks atm
DSC00024.jpg

(ignore the shin armour, they are from an fx suit)
In the reference shots I've seen, the spat part almost looks like it should be ridged armour.. not sure how practical that would be though...

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back