Jet Pack LED beacon

SEEKER

Well-Known Hunter
Jetpack LED beacon

Here's a little something a buddy of mine and I worked up. I first came to him for advice on electronics. I told him what I wanted to do and he answered my question instantly. He bust out his keychain and showed me this awesome LED light. Once we brain stormed the schematics, he went to work and returned with this beautiful set up.

It has 3 settings.

1. High power
2. Low power
3. Strobe.

The regular keychain setp will have the high power stay on for about 3 minutes with it's regular batteries. So I decided that maybe if we add more juice it will last longer.

Also on the regular keychain the low power will stay as long as the battery will last. That goes for the strobe light aswell.

I haven't tried keeping the light on on high power with the new setup to see how long it takes to turn off, but I'm only keeping my beacon light on strobe settings. I know it's not screen accurate but it's really cool.

You could buy this Inova microlight key chain on Ebay for about 5 dollars. It cost 19 dollars in sporting places.

I bougth mine from this company. Gad Zooks on Ebay.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Gad-Zooks__W0QQ_armrsZ1

here's video of the setup. The strobe looks a little weird cuz I dont think my digital camera could handle the strobe lighting. But it strobes normal to the naked eye.

let me know what you think.

ledbeaconsetup1.jpg

ledbeaconsetup2.jpg

thanks for sharing, seeker :) bought one straightaway :D
now i have to get my hands on a nice beacon :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very Cool indeed. I wanted to do a strobe wit mine as well. I bought a bike light/strobe a while back. Now to tear it apart.....

I think I see that the battery with the keychain is 3V. You have 4 double A's powering it, so I am assuming 6 volts through the light now ?

Very Cool indeed. I wanted to do a strobe wit mine as well. I bought a bike light/strobe a while back. Now to tear it apart.....

I think I see that the battery with the keychain is 3V. You have 4 double A's powering it, so I am assuming 6 volts through the light now ?

The original keychain uses 2 3 volts batteries inside.

That's why I have 4 1.5v batteries.

:D

Glad you guys like my setup.

Can't wait to stall it permanently. I just need to find me a real BNC connector so that i could use it to attach my switch button to it.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back