the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread

well , the vac table is up and running. FINALLY!!!! after burning up some plastic and tweeking the table i was able to pull the first test pieces.

everything is going pretty smooth now. i just have to do some work on the armor plugs, smooth things out here and there.

but overall the project is coming together. i ma going with .090 becuse the 125 stuff is not giving me the detail i want.

001-40.jpg

002-45.jpg

003-43.jpg

004-43.jpg

here is the boot armor trimed and taped together to get idea of what they will look like. these will be seamless. slide the shin armor on then pull your boots on, then slide the armor down over the boots.

the toe armor will be tricky. because it will have to move some to walk. i am going to cut off the bottom buckle on the boots.

sorry about the pics , they are taken from a mirror.

001-41.jpg

002-46.jpg

003-44.jpg

Looking great! It appears your test pulls are wavy, with regard to the rear half of the calve armor. A little fine tuning and your final pulls are going to be cleaner and tighter.

Ya know, seeing as you've done the leg armor, maybe a future project should be the Galactic Marine?

Did I mention that the leg armor is awesome?!! LOL!

thanks for the comments guys.

the boots are gbx's. i am working on the wavyness now. i am making molds of most of my armor to make hydrocal copies to use on the vactable. so that should take care of some of the wavyness.

here is the pic of the first full kit pulled. i have to fine tune the chest and back plate so i get pulls that go all the way to the platen. i am using .125 hips and i am going to use .090 for the final pulls.
002-47.jpg

here is the mock up of the armor on. fits pretty good. putting the tank throught the backplate is the most ricky part of this kit. t6he armor is just taped together. ignore the pistol sticking out of my paints..........S&W 40 cal.
048.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

052.jpg

043.jpg

045.jpg

thanks guys.

here is various parts being put together.
started glueing strips in the armor and putting it together.
010-6.jpg

011-7.jpg

015-4.jpg

here are the shins glued together.
003-45.jpg

004-44.jpg

tank and backplate
018-2.jpg

019-5.jpg

so i ran out of plastic this morning while making other peoples armor.........don't worry i have anothe rshipment coming tommorow if the ups guy is nice to me. so......... lo and behold i had time for my stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got to put bondo on all my armor and got the shins, back plate and tank done. still working on my bicep pieces. aliitle more time and they will be ready to paint.
006-27.jpg

019-6.jpg

008-15.jpg

here is the shins i put the belts on to see what they would look like.
017-2.jpg

018-3.jpg

and i had a little time to work on my new helmet.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back