Sent PMs not showing in Sent Folder?

batninja

Well-Known Hunter
I have tried to PM Mojo-Fett a few times this week regarding the sidearm run, but I hadn't heard anything back. When I checked my Sent folder, there are no PMs from me to him.

I can see ones that I've responded to (Re:), but none that I've created.

Whatup wit dat?

When you are sending a PM, check down in the box at the bottom titled "Additional Options" and make sure "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder" is checked. I had the same prob a while back and noticed that I didn't have that box checked.

Well, that's dumb. They're not saved automagically? Is there a way to set that to default?

::edit:: I see that option when sending from Private Messages...but when you click on a user's profile, and send one that way, there's a popup box for the message, and those options are not available.

::edit again:: Okay, I see the options, and the Save is checked. Now what?

I think once you click it, it stays on until you unclick it. I don't think you have to check it every time. It seems like a while back it got universally unchecked because a lot of people were asking about it.

The one I just sent you is showing in my Sent Items. The three that I sent Mojo-Fett using the same method (two of them this morning) are not.

I don't know if Vbulletin is like phpBB, but in the latter, the PM is in your outbox until the recipient reads it. Once it gets opened by the recipient, it moves to Sent Items.

I noticed that same thing started happening to me when the pop up window started coming up for a pm. if I send a pm not in a pop up window, it appears in sent, in a pop up window it doesn't appear in sent, and I know the recipient received the pm???

Yeah, the new PM system was doing that to me. I think I sent Scooter one too many PMs because they wouldn't show up in the Sent folder, haha.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back