FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments

As slow as these are going though, I'd like to put a "hold" on the order list until I get another 10 of these or so in the mail (y)

Still sorting and shipping guys and gals. I'll have more numbers very soon. It will be 10 more shipped including the two members that had tracking number questions. So 8 new. That's 16 total. But as I quoted above, I'd like to put a hold on new payments until a few more have been shipped (y)

Thanks everyone, and I hope everyone had a great 4th of July !! :cheers

FP

Still sorting and shipping guys and gals. I'll have more numbers very soon. It will be 10 more shipped including the two members that had tracking number questions. So 8 new. That's 16 total. But as I quoted above, I'd like to put a hold on new payments until a few more have been shipped (y)

Thanks everyone, and I hope everyone had a great 4th of July !! :cheers

FP

Chris,

you´ve got a PM with my new home, please ship to this new adress !

Thanks

Florian

Hi Everyone,

I have numbers. Of course I do. The next batch has in fact shipped.

On with the numbers ....

Best,

FP

10. Timmer / PAID / SHIPPED / USPS # 0309 0330 0001 9798 2505
11. FettFanatic / PAID / SHIPPED USPS # 0309 0330 0001 9798 5032
12. Slowmo / PAID / SHIPPED USPS # 0309 0330 0001 9798 5025
13. Jedi Paramedic / PAID / SHIPPED USPS # 0309 0330 0001 9798 5056
14. dankenman / PAID / SHIPPED USPS # 0309 0330 0001 9798 5049
15. OdiWan72 / PAID / Awaiting International Shipping Fee
16. TK2280 / PAID / SHIPPED USPS # 0309 0330 0001 9798 5063
17. ilikebmxbikes / PAID / SHIPPED USPS # Pending (7/13/09)
18. DarthMiller / PAID / Shipping with combined order
19. tk2647 / PAID / (7/13/09)
20. Darth Voorhees / PAID / SHIPPED USPS # 0309 0330 0001 9798 5018

A special note :

I got the arrangement of names mixed up so TK2647 and Ilikebmxbikes will have to go on Monday. It's been a lot to keep track of, but no excuse.

Odiwan72- I'm sorry brother, but I had not yet received the extra international shipping yet :(

Flettch - I'm not exactly sure how your name got listed as shipped. When the first batch was sent, you had not paid the additional international postage at that time. I did in fact receive you're shipping payment later, but I didn't actually "see" the notification until after the second batch was processed. I do apologize for this as well. It was not intended, and was in error. Between GBH and I. I'd be happy to give you a partial refund on your shipping to be fair (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be great to have for ComicCon!

Actually, that's what I'm shooting for. The great thing about it is, when you get these, they don't have to be painted or prepped, just put on and go :lol:

The * PLAN *

I'm going to hit these hard in the next week. By monday, there should only be 7 or 8 remaining to get out the door. I SHOULD be able to get 'em done by weeks end. Praying. Because I need a break form these guys and gals. In fact, my update post today originally blathered on about me not producing these anymore after the last paid member is fulfilled. I edited my post after I had a few minutes to reflect. It's not fair to the board if I did that.

But I want to make sure everyone is really clear on something. these holsters are painful. I can't emphasize this enough. If I have to, I'll shoot a video to prove my point (if I ever have time) :lol: GBH can kid about me milking this for pitty. But it's not show. And I'm going to be BRUTALLY honest about something else very important that I really shouldn't have to say openly. But in light of the PM's I had sitting in my box this morning, I feel I should.

There are apparently a number of members that feel like I'm making a killing on these holsters. And even one that feels that I've turned into someone that gets your money and doesn't care anymore. I'm here to tell you that it couldn't be farther from the truth. The truth is ...

Sure, i saw a financial opportunity when GBH presented me with this project. I don't know of anyone that would do it for free. It didn't take long after accepting the job for me to realize, that I'm really just helping out the community on this one, which is why I made mention that it's my little way of giving back to TDH for what she's done for me. Why? Well I've hinted to it here and there, but here is the blood meat:

I've made 3 molds. Each mold cost $300 + to make in materials alone. Each mold took approximately 2 weeks in stages. All of the experimentation materials ( $500 + worth of wasted urethanes). That's $1400 so far. But wait, lets not forget those hours? Does anyone ever wonder why I'm so hard to get ahold of? Sure. Everyone does. Because I'm hardly ever at home. I'm always at my shop space. I should move the computer there :lol: You want to talk hours, lets talk hours once and for all. Here is a window into my life for you all :

When you're awake and living your lives, If I'm lucky I'm catching a few hours sleep when I can. When you're counting sheep, I'm working away through the night at the shop. I see the dawn everyday. Then, I go to real work. My lack of communication isn't because I don't like you. it isn't because I'm a jerk.

Hours: For 3 months, I have literally spent every waking moment with this holster mold in some shape form or fashion. With the exception of when I was sick recently. I can't count the hours. During the mold processes (2 failed, and 1 successful) I spent nearly 12 hours a day just on that alone. Experimenting with the processes burned up what ever was left of my backwards days. Then, each holster (18 total now) takes approximately 2 real hours to make form pre-casting to de-molding. Then, each has to cure for many hours before they can be trimmed. Trimming on each holster takes more than an hour. Then factor in another hour for adding all of the hardware. Are you with me so far?

$1400 in materials. Another $500 + in production materials. Too many hours to count. What this adds up to is negative pennies per hour. I've made not one dime off of this project if you think about it logically. This is no longer a laughing matter. There was a time, when I almost issued refunds to each and every one of you.

I'm not milking. I'm only attempting to make everyone understand, that the "Fettpride" persona up here, is a real guy outside of these boards. Living, breathing, flesh and blood. And the life I lead, is not for the faint of heart. I wouldn't be surprised if mine stops in the near future :angry

I've never stolen from anyone up here. There's only one member that I have an arrangement with from last year over a parts deal that is still owed because I haven't found the time to make a special mold for him. Everyone else is either fulfilled, or in the process of being fulfilled. I'm not exactly sure where anyone ever got the idea that I'm a crook.

The moral of this story is, I AM giving back to TDH. Otherwise, I'd be giving up. And that is something I don't do if I can help it.

Please, have patience. The official project start date was 4-15-09. Basically 3 months from R&D to almost two thirds done (by Monday). I've seen other projects in the past by other members last for 6 months to a year or more. And sometimes there is the unfortunate bail out by a member leaving the forum hanging. That's not me, and you all know it. I am doing the best I can humanly do. The only one that I am aware of that I have let down is GBH. He hasn't even received his two holsters yet because I didn't communicate with him in the fact that I put the members first, before taking care of myself, or my partner. Sort of like a mother bird feeding her hatchlings first, before indulging herself. But that's my bad. And it will be taken care of as well.

I hope this makes sense. It hurts that I have to get up here form time to time and act like a drama queen :facepalm

My best,

FP

I am sure this will get some folks mad, but Chris don't pay attention to people that complain. The vast majority of us feel extremely (and I can't emphasize that enough) lucky to have a copy of this piece. Not only just a copy but a great authentic addition that helps us OCD freeks feel like we are getting as close as we can to what we see on the screen.

It is sad that you have to write this all on here. I don't know what people expect. Who is it that doesn't believe that it costs money just to be able to make these not to mention the time. Anyone who doesn't understand this hasn't ever done any runs of items. If they did they would understand the stress and expense it brings.

Like I said I guess you just have to take those complaints with a bucket of salt. You have always been a stand up guy and a great prop maker. You always keep everyone up to date and always stand by your word. In the end that is all that anyone can ask. Any more than that is being selfish.

I am sorry if this hurts anyone's feelings, but you know it is true. Everyone needs to remember that this is a hobby. We are all here to have fun! Now go have some fun dang it.

I am sure this will get some folks mad, but Chris don't pay attention to people that complain. The vast majority of us feel extremely (and I can't emphasize that enough) lucky to have a copy of this piece. Not only just a copy but a great authentic addition that helps us OCD freeks feel like we are getting as close as we can to what we see on the screen.

It is sad that you have to write this all on here. I don't know what people expect. Who is it that doesn't believe that it costs money just to be able to make these not to mention the time. Anyone who doesn't understand this hasn't ever done any runs of items. If they did they would understand the stress and expense it brings.

Like I said I guess you just have to take those complaints with a bucket of salt. You have always been a stand up guy and a great prop maker. You always keep everyone up to date and always stand by your word. In the end that is all that anyone can ask. Any more than that is being selfish.

I am sorry if this hurts anyone's feelings, but you know it is true. Everyone needs to remember that this is a hobby. We are all here to have fun! Now go have some fun dang it.

i couldnt agree more...:) if we just would sit back and realize that this man is making armor, holsters, helmets, helmet stands, gauntlets, and who knows what else, for the masses here, this conversation wouldnt even exist...:cheers

Puh - alot of sweating here for fear of having been forgotten - but thanks to FP for remembering me and fixing the mistake which occurred! :)

i couldnt agree more...:) if we just would sit back and realize that this man is making armor, holsters, helmets, helmet stands, gauntlets, and who knows what else, for the masses here, this conversation wouldnt even exist...:cheers

i agree whole heartedly!

FP I TOTALLY understand where your coming from...im in the midst of doing a 10 helmet run of vader helmets for 501st people, and believe me its no easy task! Especially since the dome mold isnt so great and i have to fix and clean up every one. i planned on re-doing my molds, but that wont happen till years end/beginning of next year. All i do on my days off from my regular job is work on these things, so a life?...NADA! Every saturday i stay uptill 4 or 5 in the morning working on them. So if anyone understands, im definatly one of them! You do amazing work FP, i can only hope to become as great a prop maker as yourself. thanks for everything you do brother, it is greatly appreciated !:cheers

Hmm, what's all this talk about complaining? :confused I reread the page and don't actually see any complaints. Perhaps they are coming through PM's or something?

I am certainly not complaining - just curious how things are going. My Fett has been in progress for well over a year, and I am in no big hurry. I am also not worried about you coming through Chris, you always have in the past. Having been on the seller's side of this I know it is more of a labor of love than money. Most people don't make much money on runs like these (once you take out material costs for both production materials and molds - not to mention time for research). Once you figure it out you could probably make a lot more with a second job at McD's.

So, not complaining. Now anxious, or excited, that's a totally different story. This is like when I was a kid waiting for my super decoder ring after sending in my seven box tops - just hanging out by the mailbox :lol:

I got into the Star Wars costuming "thing" last fall. My first was a TK. It looked like it would be really tough, but it got easier as it went. Looking back, Iknow a second would come out much better, much quicker.

I then got the bug and decided on an ESB Fett. Right off the bat, I knew it wouldn't be a quick costume. It's a lot of work, and, more importantly, some items are hard to obtain because real live human beings make them when they can afford the time, money, and effort. I'm pretty close to having all of my items, but it will be finished when it's finished ( excluding future upgrades ! ).

I was fortunate enough to get into this just as Chris was getting back in the game and I couldn't be happier. I have his bucket, armor, gaunts, and soon, the holster. I'm also lucky enough to have what I think is the top gear from MoW, Taco, Russ, Darrell, Term. Fettler, Deb, Carole, Mark, the list goes on.

You get what you pay for, it just takes a little patience.

Thanks Chris for giving up some of your real life so they we can enjoy our play time.

That goes for all of the artisans here as well.

Hi Everyone, thanks for the kind words and understanding. I only wish everyone could be that in tune :)

BubbaFett - yes, PM's :lol: Sorry, I thought I mentioned that.

What it boils down to is that it takes A LOT to do a run of anything. It's the time that realistically just can't be charged for. There's no way I can penalize the members here for R&D, or the time it takes to prep an item for shipping, the time it takes to box it, label it, or getting everything that's required for packaging, time at the post, blah blah blah. I know, cry me a river, right ? :lol: I do remember a close friend doing a run of "Earcaps" and I'll tell ya, he found out real quick how much effort it takes to box up and send out 30 sets of anything - and he didn't even make them :lol: So yah there's more to all of this than just having a mold miraculously appear on your bench, and bringing it to your hands ;) And in case anyone has any doubt left as to the legitimacy of my claims, I just wiped out the last of a 10 GALLON KIT OF URETHANE TODAY That was just the production material, that does NOT include all of the pre-waste during R&D :lol: That is a LOT of urethane folks (y)

Speaking of which you'll all be pleased to see that another batch (7) has been shipped just today ! That makes 14 in 2 business days !! :cheers

A small note about todays shipments

You will notice aeverything a little out of order. First and foremost -tb5656 as #51 :eek: :eek:

I know. Looks bad. But it was a mistake on the posted list. He actually paid in late May with some of the other earlier payments that have already been shipped higher on the list. I apologize for how this looks, but he was not bumped like it appears. It was a simple error of how and where he was paced on the list.(y)

As far as the other out of order members -

I couldn't find a payment for one of our overseas members. After I contacted him, he sent me the info I needed to find his payment. So his will go out in the next batch. another oversight on my part, and I have apologized.

For everyone else not shipped in order - simply a case of materials on hand for what was ordered. Those that shipped before others - requested the replacement rubber strap installed (omitting the molded strap). These were shipped first because I did not receive my new shipment of material required for the molded straps (which I ran out of last wednesday). It should have been here on Friday. I'm hoping it will be here today. I apologize for this, but it's only going to be a day or so delay. I did it this way, because I really need to get these fulfilled and to your doorsteps before I go insane :lol: I hope there are no hard feelings, it really couldn't be helped. I know BubbaFett for one - is very excited to get his, so a real big apology to you brother (y) You're not a red headed step child or anything silly like that ;)

The great news is, we're almost done !!!! YAY !!!!:cheers :cheers :cheers

For now anyway. After I fill the last 5 or 6 paid orders that are left, I will indeed be taking a break before going further down the list. I think I'm getting chemical pneumonia from all the urethane :angry

0. GBH SHIPPED USPS # 0309 0330 0001 9797 5507
7. Flettch / PAID / SHIPPED USPS Customs # CP166181875US
17. ilikebmxbikes / PAID SHIPPED USPS # 0309 0330 0001 9797 5149
19. tk2647 / PAID SHIPPED USPS Customs # CP071349823US
22. SlabFett / PAID SHIPPED USPS # 0309 0330 0001 9797 5200
25. tk337 / PAID SHIPPED USPS # 0309 0330 0001 9797 5156
51. tb5656 -PAID SHIPPED USPS Customs # LC496887152US

Here's to getting the last of these out by week's end. Anyone else going to Comic Con ?? I need to know quick. Perhaps if we're down to the wire, someone will graciously put someone else ahead of themselves if they're not trying to meet a deadline (y)

Best,

FP

Hey Chris,

I have no cons or anything going on. If it helps at all you can bump me so someone who really needs it can get one, not a problem.

I am anxious and excited, but also realistic. Most of my Fett suit is just sitting on a mannequin and I won't be trooping in it anytime soon. Mostly working on my ESB Vader right now anyway.

Thanks for the update.

Hi Everyone, thanks for the kind words and understanding. I only wish everyone could be that in tune :)

For now anyway. After I fill the last 5 or 6 paid orders that are left, I will indeed be taking a break before going further down the list. I think I'm getting chemical pneumonia from all the urethane :angry

0. GBH SHIPPED USPS # 0309 0330 0001 9797 5507
7. Flettch / PAID / SHIPPED USPS Customs # CP166181875US
17. ilikebmxbikes / PAID SHIPPED USPS # 0309 0330 0001 9797 5149
19. tk2647 / PAID SHIPPED USPS Customs #
22. SlabFett / PAID SHIPPED USPS # 0309 0330 0001 9797 5200
25. tk337 / PAID SHIPPED USPS # 0309 0330 0001 9797 5156
51. tb5656 -PAID SHIPPED USPS Customs # LC496887152US

Here's to getting the last of these out by week's end. Anyone else going to Comic Con ?? I need to know quick. Perhaps if we're down to the wire, someone will graciously put someone else ahead of themselves if they're not trying to meet a deadline (y)

Best,

FP
Chris,
my tracking# is missing !?!?
thanks for your work !
Florian

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back