Commander Faie - Info needed

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
So I got caught up in the clone craze a couple of years ago and even was fortunate enough to get a clonesix suit, but unfortunately the timing just wasn't right and I ended up selling it and not pursuing my interests, which at the time was focused on Commander Gree. Well, there have been some amazing Grees made in the meantime. Mike and Goro stand out in my mind as some of the most amazing and my interests have shifted a bit.

I recently stumbled upon a pic of Commander Faie and I don't know why, but I think he is super cool as he wears a Jedi-style tunic with a hood and knee length cape. Faie is a member of the 7th legion which has large brown markings on their armor, mostly in the form of circles or half circles.

While Faie has totally different chest and shoulder armor than the standard clone trooper, it is typically covered by his tunic/cape, so if I decide to go forward with him, I will probably go with the standard available armor. However, Faie also has a helmet that is completely different than the standard RotS clone and is more akin to a mix of the stormtrooper and TIE pilot helmets. I have been told someone is sculpting up a Faie helmet but don't know who. If anyone has info on who this person is, I would love to know as that would probably be the deciding factor on whether or not I go with this character.

Commander Faie 01.jpg

pilot helmets. I have been told someone is sculpting up a Faie helmet but don't know who. If anyone has info on who this person is, I would love to know as that would probably be the deciding factor on whether or not I go with this character.

That would be me.
1444e4j.jpg

Reference pics are hard to come by.....but heres what I have....I think Faie is similar to Cmdr Keller....have you tried screengrabs from Battlefront? Awesome costume....
Faie

Yeah, sadly, from what I have seen, the official Commander Faie is little more than digital artwork over the top of the Ep II Clone Maquette. I wonder if they ever even went as far as actually rendering him for the movie, or left it at the drawing stage. Here is a composite I made to show the original maquette photo vs the Faie photo, although I like the Faie #2 (in my first post) better.

Interesting that in the comic they went with more of an Airborne helmet for him and markings reminiscent of the 5th Security Fleet... I am showing my nerdiness aren't I...

Commander Faie Concept.png

Last edited:
It's a cool costume for sure! Bill (Lodril) in our Garrison did Keller and there were some issues with the cloak. Something about the type of fabric you would expect it to be doesn't drape properly? He ended up using a much lighter fabric that was custom sewn with strategic stitching to resemble the proper drape and such.

Also keep in mind you'll need to get that DC-15 Long blaster. Knowing your desire for accuracy, you should go with either the Hyper-Firm or a WoodChuck. The WoodChuck is awesome because it breaks down in to three pieces.

Thanks for the info Mike! I might have to get in touch with Bill as I already have concerns about the drape of the hood and cape! I was thinking along the lines of the 300 spartan capes as they have a beautiful flow and as you mentioned, they are very specifically stitched to hold specific folds and gathers. Do you have any photos of Bill's costume handy?

Good choice. I like the rarely seen represented clone versions, and he'd make a neat one to try and bring to life.(y)

OK, so I talked to Mike and he sent me some pics of Bill's impressive Commander Keller. However, in looking at Commander Keller's robes, especially in comic book reference, they appear much thinner and more flowing than Commander Faie's robes, which Bill replicated very well. However, I think I am going to have to take a slightly different approach.

Here are some initial thoughts on the robes. I am seeing it as three major components (possibly sewn together).

The first is the tunic, which I feel should have a very similar look to Obi-Wan's Ep III tunic, I am even considering trying to use a similar matierial as I feel it would give the right drape and look that I want.

The 2nd part would be the hood and gathered area around the neck. I am not sure how that part should attach or if it should simply be a seperate piece that goes on and then the tunic just sits atop the edges of the hood.

The 3rd part is the cape. Again, I am not sure how to atatch the cape as I want to make sure the cape starts narrow at the top, not exceeding the shoulders and then flairing as it reaches the bottom. I am thinking that a design similar to the 300 spartan capes might be the answer, with a stiffener added between the outer material and the darker inner lining to give the cape the right flow and look.

I am not a seamstress or a pattern maker, so any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

300_cape.jpg

faie_obi-wan_tunic.jpg

You should talk to Gino. I think he orderd some Yoda robes. He made a run over at the RPF. It's similar to Kenobis.

:D

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back