my custom heavy mando

hehe it helps:p

i might have found some thick cardboard i can use and try to make one. in that case ill start next weekend

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so iv started the scratch build cardboard bucket. i use a thicker carboard than Antman used (all hail that Tutorial!!:D) however so far it works splendidly. this is what iv done today in i am quite happy bout it, but i have one question. the edge that iv marked with red, is it supposed to be there? the rest of the "rim" that goes around back looks perfeckly fit

DSC00594-1.jpg

and...

DSC00593.jpg

haha this is just the sink i used to dip the entire structure in. i needed the cardboard to be completely soaked in order for it to bend properly
DSC00591.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
been some time since i posted here last now. but here is what i have got in total. sorry bout the quality, again 2 mega pixels from my phone just isnt enough.;)

DSC00639.jpg

DSC00637.jpg

DSC00636.jpg

i have bearly started working on the shins and knee armor, sorry bout that

thanks for the compliments folks!:D good and bad news however... turns out i have my exams stretched over the nest three weeks so wont be able to do any more work till 12th of may. that was the bad news, the good news is that i managed to put together the helmet dome and start on the fin. havent coatedit with any thing yet so it looks a bit messy but need to wait with that untill the fin is completely assembled. enjoy the pics and tell me what you think

DSC00641.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

btw,

i ued steel wire to get the correct shape of the bottom part of the fin sorry i dont have any pics of that

DSC00644.jpg

cheers

lol, you gotta love taking pics of yourself in the mirror:p

but that bucket looks nice Ordeyn, how thick id your cardboard?

cool, sounds easy to work with. im using 4-5mm hard cardboard and have to use an electric saw to cut it:D... should have used cereal boxes

oki finally i had a few days to work on my bucket

DSC00653.jpg
DSC00655.jpg

at the back there will be a custom center piece joining the two "horns" that i added

DSC00656.jpg

this is with the range finder and custom earpiece (not done btw, there will be some kind of small pyramid shape on the top of it)

DSC00657.jpg

wow thanks!:D

btw: does any one know of a cheap way of making the visor? i though of modifying the visors for motorcycle helmets

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back