my custom heavy mando

tomorrow is the day, im gona but the first base coat on my bucket since i finished the "beard" today... im not gona be able to sleep to night:(

base coat and metallic silver... done!

DSC00670.jpg
DSC00668.jpg

this one just to shoe the "beard" as i call it
DSC00669.jpg

wow i tiger, love it!:p thanks for the compliments everyone, didnt ecpect it really

so good and bad news. the paint job went really well (i think) but i havents started the details on it yet, with a brush all. however i piece of my "tiger beard" fell off!!!:O so ill improvise a little and putting on "a box" see pics bellow and ull see

DSC00672.jpg
DSC00671.jpg

DSC00673.jpg
DSC00674.jpg

btw: those pieces of cardboard are just really rough and took me less than 5 min

so i started the "detailed weathering" using left over warhammer paint:D

DSC00676.jpg

DSC00675.jpg

BTW has anyone ever thought of using chainmail? im considering using it on my left arm between the armor plates, armpit and alboq joints.

hehe i need some help deciding on a paint scheme again:p

1 or 2? or maybe you most excellent artists have some ideas?

armor.jpg

Paint rocks!:p

darian ordo over at mando mercs uses a chainmail hood. we've roundtabled chainmail over there over and over. the general consensus was the time involved in making it vs the protective ability combined with the fact that really no known star wars characters use it, it should be used sparingly. we don;t like to tell our members they can't use something, although on some things we must, we would rather ask for heavy mods or limited use so as not to stifle creativity. based on known star wars canon and eu, it would seem that most of the protective undersuits worn by various troopers/warriors in the swu would offer similar protection as chainmail.

all that said, i think if you used it sparingly with your heavy concept or as a dressing, say a kama, it would look great. i use it sparingly on my ggloves and gauntlets.

great build btw, i've been watching it's progress. really dig the helmet although it has a heavy clone feel to me, probably bcause of the "mouth" area.

keep up the good work!

jup that was my fears as well, that no known star wars charackter has used chain mail. i still dont know

hehe the clone/mando cross was intentional. my friend called it the missing link:p

Your Costume looks wonderful! I think I prefer the second paint scheme to the first. Keep up the good work, and post an update soon!

Looks awesome. And with the designs, I like the first one. The second one just is a bit to plain for my liking. Maybe you could add some stripes or somthing onto it. Keep it up!

ahem... it would seem i am was stupid enough to get a job couple of weeks ago and thus havents been able to work on my beskar as much as i want to. this is what little i have done and photographed (i also have a shin ready to paint, attached the smaller plates on the chest and started on a backback)

the new chin design, or "box" still requires my attention with paint and anlso some vents or lits. the range finder just needs the black "visor" for the slits, and i still need a preferably dark green visor
DSC00696.jpg
DSC00695.jpg

RF up:) the "hose thingy" still needs paint and some fillerwork.
DSC00694.jpg
DSC00692.jpg

DSC00691.jpg
DSC00686.jpg

right ear left ear
DSC00697.jpg
DSC00698.jpg

THAT IS AMAZING!! I love how the chest plate turned out, its awesome! Even with the job, keep up the good work! :D

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back