my noob scratch build

slimguy379

Jr Hunter
i had been busy with school and stuff but i finally got around to it and here we are!:D i built this with cardboard using the required templates. i then ran to the dollar store and got a bowl and cut it with the band saw to the required diameter. i glued everything using a hot glue gun. then i used fiberglass and did a non clothe layer on the outside and inside i then did a clothe layer inside. i bought elmers fiberglass and would NOT recommend it. the stuff takes for ever to harden i ended up having to put it over top of my wood stove in the workshop. but long story short it hardened. i primmered it up and let it dry. i used this stuff called liquid frisket to do the layering. but after that it was a matterof more and more paint, and frisket. but eventually i had a decent bucket. i used a piece of shaded, face sheild found at harbor frieght for $8. But obviously this bucket isn't done but it looks great in my room next to my projector screen. i feel this is/was a decent and fullfilling experience and have all the help and experiences on here to thank for that. so i really appreciate all the help and responses to my questions etc.

DSCN5465.jpg
DSCN5464.jpg

that looks great Slimeguy, thx for the link to this new post, you've seen my bucket, look over there<<<< I made it with priority mail envelopes and resin/glass and bondo. The WOF templates are a little small for my HUGE mellon, so I use the A4 template, but print it on Letter size it's a little off, but I just spread it out to fill in the gaps.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back