PAYPAL FEES!!!! GRRRR!!

Paypal always rules on the buyers side.

Not True.
I bought a Contract on Ebay that was supposed to be an Original
I received a Photocopy of thecontract
I complained to Ebay & Paypal
They said that since I received the item ( even though it wasn't what was stated), that I could not get the money back

As unpopular as my view is, I have always felt Pay-Pal should be charging fees to the Buyers for using them to pay instead of the Seller...
Whenever I have sold stuff on on eBay I usually just ask Money Orders or Checks to avoid the Pay Pal stuff...
When I've bought from folks who are doing ME a favor I always add the fees in myself without them asking as it just seems "right"... And yes I add the the 3.5% then again re-figure it taking into consideration the higher amount so the person getting the funds IS getting all the fee paid... That's just me though...

I don't mind paying the fees as long as I'm not aware of it.

If I sell an item, and I want $40 for it, I'll bump the price to a nice, round $45. That will cover the PayPal fees without having the buyer even know it.

What I disagree with is when I see someone sell an item, and intentionally note in the listing that the buyer is resposnsible for these fees.

As mentioned before, this is a seller fee, not a buyer fee.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back