New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers)

Mr No Stripes

Active Hunter
I just thought since some people (including me) are about to venture on a new set of FP armor, we should make a thread where everyone can post questions about painting or whatever in this thread (even if it may be discussed somewhere in another thread). No questions should be rejected... even questions like "Who the heck is Boba Fett?" well... maybe not to that extent, but you get the idea.

The first question I have is where to I get all the paints on the Rouge Studios paint list? I've seen some but not all on Testors website... but they are doubly expensive there.

PS: Thankyou so much FP for making all our dreams come true :D

(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a few trimming tutorials I made up a while back when I got my armour.

Video Tutorial - Basic Trimming

Video Tutorial - Trimming Dents

When it comes to buying the paints, I just buy them on Testor's website. You won't really find them cheaper in any stores. Some bottles for the smallest details can run you $5. You should be able to find them all on Testors website, I think Milwaukee Road Orange is called MLWK Road Orange, or something along those lines. If you need, I can look up the bottle numbers if you'd like.

hey do you guys know how I get a hold of fettpride I sent him some PM's but he has yet to get back to me I dont have acess yet to cargo hold since I have only been active for 4 days, I would like to order some armor for him. Also could you guys post what you recieved and the cost of the armor thanks a bunch.

Chris is a busy guy, if I were you I would wait a bit. He tries to get to his pm's pretty quick but he has alot of work to do.

I spent $270 for my FP V3 armor.

Chris is a busy guy, if I were you I would wait a bit. He tries to get to his pm's pretty quick but he has alot of work to do.

I spent $270 for my FP V3 armor.

Awsome thanks for the info, what did you recieve for the $270.00 just wanted to price things out since this is my first time every doing Boba Fett

Chest, Collar, Shoulders, Knees, Back, Cod, and Kidney.

FP also makes a really nice helmet and gauntlet kit as well.

Wow that is a awsome price for all that, thank you very much for the info I will wait a while to see if I get a response. I am def. going to buy my armor and helmet from him I just saw photos of his work very nice.

Here are a few trimming tutorials I made up a while back when I got my armour.

Video Tutorial - Basic Trimming

Video Tutorial - Trimming Dents

When it comes to buying the paints, I just buy them on Testor's website. You won't really find them cheaper in any stores. Some bottles for the smallest details can run you $5. You should be able to find them all on Testors website, I think Milwaukee Road Orange is called MLWK Road Orange, or something along those lines. If you need, I can look up the bottle numbers if you'd like.

That would be great if you could find the paint numbers. I couldn't find some of them... and I wasn't sure what "Chrome" I should get.

With Chrome, I just get the cheapest bottle of silver I can find. Chrome is debased once you put a dullcoat over it.

What do you need paint numbers for, armour or helmet?

Who couldn't love this:
P1010420.jpg

I need to trim this stuff and get to work! Life sure does get in the way. Ok I have a good question.
For ESB, I am to understand that I fill in ALL the dents in the backplate? I guess the best question would be; What mods need to be done to make it ESB or ROTJ accurate?

For ESB, I am to understand that I fill in ALL the dents in the backplate? I guess the best question would be; What mods need to be done to make it ESB or ROTJ accurate?
Yes, fill in both dents. I know for fact the one on the top right shoulder is not there, but out of assumption, I say that the bottom left is not there. I have seen no evidence to prove that it is there, but since one dent is missing, I assume the other is gone.

When filling in the dents, I first score the heck out of it using an exacto, and go deep. Then I fill the dents with JB Weld, then sand it down. Repeat the process until the dent is completely gone, then to reinforce it so they don't come out, score the underside of the dent and cover it with JB Weld.

The first question I have is where to I get all the paints on the Rouge Studios paint list? I've seen some but not all on Testors website... but they are doubly expensive there.

I've ordered paints from hobbylinc.com before. Decent prices and pretty quick shipping.
Not a perfect option for all TDH'ers, as they only ship within the U.S.

Well, for the body armor, there are only 3 basic colors not including whatever you choose for your weathering.
The base green I used for ROTJ armor is Polly Scale US Med Green #F505082. For the damage I use Floquil Bright Silver #F110101 and Testors Model Master Yellow Zinc Chromate.
For the ROTJ shoulders and knees, I use a base color of Polly Scale Reefer Yellow #F41412, with Bright Silver damage and Polly Scale ATSF Catwhisker Yelow for the lighter yellow damage. That's #F414146. Also for some really fine contrasting yellow scratches, I've used Polly Scale Reading Yellow #F414378.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back