New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers)

Well, for the body armor, there are only 3 basic colors not including whatever you choose for your weathering.
The base green I used for ROTJ armor is Polly Scale US Med Green #F505082. For the damage I use Floquil Bright Silver #F110101 and Testors Model Master Yellow Zinc Chromate.
For the ROTJ shoulders and knees, I use a base color of Polly Scale Reefer Yellow #F41412, with Bright Silver damage and Polly Scale ATSF Catwhisker Yelow for the lighter yellow damage. That's #F414146. Also for some really fine contrasting yellow scratches, I've used Polly Scale Reading Yellow #F414378.

thanks (y)

what do you use to weather it?

I'm doing an ESB paint job, and trying to get Zinc Chromate, but I noticed that hobbylink only sells 6 bottles at a time...

I checked at bearair, and they have bottles for $2.00 each, but shipping is like $14.00, and they don't have all the paints I need...

Everthing on the testors website is expensive, and they don't sell masking fluid :(.

know of any other places that are good?

I sent FP an email but he has not replied yet. I went to his website but it is under construction. I would like to purchase his armor, the price seems reasonable. What about paint work? I am not artistically inclined so I would need painting service.

I sent FP an email but he has not replied yet. I went to his website but it is under construction. I would like to purchase his armor, the price seems reasonable. What about paint work? I am not artistically inclined so I would need painting service.

FP is hard to get a hold of some times. I've sent him several PMs with no response... ever... but if you post on his armor sale thread, he will usually respond to that.

Slave1pilot is offering a painting service right now

I am not artistically inclined so I would need painting service.

I would recommend WICKEDBEARD as well for his paint services. There are lots of quality painters here, He's painted almost all of my stuff for less than what others will charge you( $400 and over...RIPOFFS), and his quality is top notch.....

GUYS THANKS FOR THE RECOMMENDATIONS. I JUST PURCHASED THE MASTER REPLICAS HELMET AND I'M HOOKED! I WANT TO HAVE A MOVIE QUALITY FETT AND I APPRECIATE THE INPUT.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back