One last wafer thin ESB paint job...

Garrett, it's really bad form taking pics of the archive helmet and trying to pass them off as your own work! Tsk tsk. . .

:)

You just keep getting better and better. (y)

Please, can you do a list with the colours? I'm a bit lost because you said you have used gray # 27 for dome, but also for mandibles, but they look completly diferent :facepalm

Please, can you do a list with the colours? I'm a bit lost because you said you have used gray # 27 for dome, but also for mandibles, but they look completly diferent :facepalm
The grey no. 27 is only used to pick out lighter grey areas in, and on the edge of the dent, these details are then liquid masked before the slightly darker grey no. 79 is airbrushed on the dome and lower cheek areas...The grey on the mandibles and trim is grey no. 27...

The grey no. 27 is only used to pick out lighter grey areas in, and on the edge of the dent, these details are then liquid masked before the slightly darker grey no. 79 is airbrushed on the dome and lower cheek areas...The grey on the mandibles and trim is grey no. 27...

Ok, now I'm getting it :D

Thank you TF :cheers

53. use Superjedi's recommended Woodland Scenics decals (MG 737) for ear decals
54. seal with satin cote
-finished-(almost)

DSCF0031_13.jpg

DSCF0042_11.jpg

DSCF0043_11.jpg

DSCF0044_11.jpg

DSCF0045_10.jpg

DSCF0046_8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the kind comments! As for mad skills? Just a lot of time looking at reference pictures and experimenting with techniques and colours...still room for improvement!...(y)

Hi Garrett, I was wondering if you could post your kill stripe dimensions. I've laid out a masking tape guide on my helmet, but it doesn't look right.

I guess I need the height and width of your stencil, the distance the stripes are apart from one another, and the distance above the red band. Do you start on the left one , right one, or middle ? I tried to line up the 7th stripe using the center line of the ear as a guide, but it looks off on one end or the other.

I have a WIP thread for my helmet, but after looking over this tutorial, I'm going to re-do my back panels yet again. The way you have it broken down helps a lot.

Thanks for any assistance, I hope all is well,

Tim

I've been sitting here flipping between AoSW reference pics and your finished pictures....your helmet is a mirror image of the original! This is absolutely amazing! Great work!!!

Kody

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back