Weapons Zam rifle conversion parts?

Here's some prototype parts that I've scaled from the pictures kimnchris posted of the real rifle.
These are machined of 6061 aluminum and should be very close to screen version.
I plan on doing a complete rifle and while I'm at it I thought I'd work out the process by machining multiples of each part.
A couple questions that I have for general comment:
Would you like the scope to be tinted as you look through it. Amber is easily available. Would that be OK or is clear preferred?
Would a kit of all machined parts be desirable or is picking and choosing individual parts preferred?
The pictured part needs painted. Would you like that done or prefer to do it yourself? I would use a baked firearm finish that would be almost black and chip and wear just like an M4.
Scope mounts would be resin. Painted by me or you preferred?
Appreciate any comments.
Westarsmith

2009_0316ella0133 (2).JPG

Haven't worked the process for the telescopic sight out yet.
I'd guess the part shown would go for $60 plus shipping by itself, unpainted.
Actually I was hoping for some feed back to my questions so I could offer a set that most zams would think is accurate.
I'm working on the brass piece and how to attach these things to the rifle, currently.
Westarsmith

The scope is clear on the real rifle according to the pictures of the rifle that was on exhibit. So yeah, I would prefer clear. Although it would be cool if a translucent insert could be added inside to make it look like the display seen in the movie.

rifledisplay.jpg

Bubba- Haven't finished my rifle yet so I can't tell you how much.
Foxbatkllr- Starting on scope objective this weekend. Working on the colored insert.
Westarsmith

I still haven't found those pics I was looking for... :( I'm really wondering if it was on that roll of film that I had that got lost... :( (Don't ask... it still makes me mad )

The one side is plain...as shown in the Visual Dictionary - I remember that. The other side has that "thingy" on it. I'm not sure it had so much black on it... but I'm not positive what it looked like. I really think you could go with what you think looks good (and it does!).

Ooops My Bad! :( (I'm getting old... so... erm... my memory ain't what it used to be ;) )

But.. there are some pictures for you! :) More than I ever took! Thanks for link Foxbatkllr! Those will help lots of us (esp. us older folks! :lol: )

Great work westarsmith...not too shabby ;)

BUT would you people PLEASE stop teasing me? :lol:

I know there are different -fan made- incarnations of this rifle.
I have a large selection of pics from the original prop.
What I do NOT have is the time to draw up some plans to have the parts machined, NOR an idea where to get a complete set of conversion parts :wacko

Markus

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back